CHAPTER 2: THE ROUND UP

The cowboy's whistled and wooted scaring the stallion into a other cowboys awaiting him with lasso's. One cowboy coming up from the left, throughs a lasso at Teeko catching him. Teeko galloping he soon feels the rope tighten around his neck until he falls back and lands on his back.  This cowboy was tall and thin.Confused and upset, Teeko bares his teeth and goes to lunge at the cowboy mounted upon the ranch horse. The cowboy from the right, a short fat guy, lassos Teeko from the other side making it impossible to reach the first cowboy.  Ferious he whinnies and bucks out, rearing in frusteration. He has no where to go, and pulls almost dragging the two ranch horses. One of the cowboys whom chased him lassoed Teeko for the last and final time before collapsing from exhaustion. Teeko getting up, snorted and stood there surrounded by the cowboys. Seeing that it was becoming night, Teeko called out for his herd as they curiously approached the newly found cowboys. Teeko whinnied telling them to go back to the valley. The cowboys tied Teeko up to the trailor and went in for the night after taking care of their own ranch horses.  Parched Teeko licked his lips looking around for water. One of the cowboys, a younger boy went over carefully and gave Teeko a pail of water. At first Teeko pinned his ears and bared his teeth.

"Ryuu!" The fat cowboy barked. "get away from that stallion, unless you want to lose a finger or your life!"

Ryuu waited for the fat cowboy, his father of which Teeko didn't know left after scolding his son. Ryuu quickly gave the pail of water over to Teeko and went inside for the night.