CHAPTER 5: THE RANGLER

Day after day passed and Teeko soon became to worn out to run and pace anymore. THe cowboys would periodically feed him worn out hay and stale water. Ryuu, the boy who gave him water the night he was caught, would spend each and every day watching Teeko. Ryuu, wouldn't do anything, only watch from up on the fence, once in awhile he would through the large stallion an apple. Teeko would sniff the apple and soon eat it. One day Ryuu didnt come to the corral, instead an adult cowboy came over with a saddle and bridle. Other cowobys came to watch, as the one with the saddle chased Teeko around the pen until exhaustion. Panting heavily Teeko soon dropped his head and stood there lathered in sweat. The cowboy with the saddle, referred to as the rangler came over to Teeko and put a thick halter on Teeko. Barring his teeth, and pinning his ears, he tried for one last time to fight off the rangler. The rangler, not caring tied Teeko up and through a saddle onto his back. Upset, Teeko bucked it off and lifted his head proudly. The rangler smirked at the stallion, and got ahold of his hind leg tying it off the ground making Teeko off balanced. Once again the rangler threw the saddle onto Teekos back and strapped it tighted. Flailing, Teeko continued to fall upset and frightened from the object strapped to his back. The rangler untied Teeko and left. Teeko threw bucks, reared and carried on. Each time the stirrups hit his side, it would set Teeko off into a frenzy of bucks. A week went by of the saddle being strapped to his back, and the wrangler left him alone for the time being. Ryuu upset with the state that the stallion was in, could barely watch himself fall over from tripping and trying so hard to rid the saddle.