Chapter 6

Harry looked down at his outfit, making sure it was in order and his hair was out of his eyes before bringing up his fist and gently knocking on the door.

To say he was nervous would be more than an understatement. The entire ride over he was basically shaking and muttering to himself, trying to calm down so he wouldn't sweat through his shirt and go over tonight so he wouldn't mess anything up.

But when the door swung open and Harry saw the blue eyed lad there smiling his nerves disappeared. This was Louis after all, and no matter what happens tonight it will be more than amazing.

"Hey come in, I'm just finishing getting ready."

Harry smiled back at him and felt his face heating up as Louis pulled him into the flat and kissed his cheek quickly. "Yeah take your time, we're in no rush," he said, giving the older lad's hand a small squeeze before he watched him scurry down the hallway.

"Hey Captain."

Harry looked over to Zayn as he got off the couch with Lily in his arms, the little baby smiling and squealing as she saw him. "Hey Zayn," he said through a small smile, his eyes locked on Lily as she reached for him. "Do uhm, do you mind if I-"

"Go for it mate," Zayn laughed, passing Lily to the curly haired lad.

Harry's smile only grew as he adjusted the 6 month old in his arms, making faces at her and kissing her head just to see her light up. "Hi love, I've missed you," he said softly, feeling Lily try to squish his face between her hands.

"So you have big plans for tonight?" Zayn asked as he watched the pair.

"I guess," Harry shrugged nervously. "I just hope he likes everything, sometimes I can go overboard," he said through a small laugh.

Zayn just hummed quietly, keeping his eyes on Harry for a second before glancing back at the hallway and taking a step closer to the younger lad. "Listen uhm... I don't wanna like scare you off, or threaten you or anything like that but I just want to make sure you understand what you're getting into here."

Harry furrowed his eyebrows as he adjusted Lily on his chest, the baby squirming all over the place and trying to play with his hair. "What do you mean?"

"C'mon Captain," Zayn said quietly, his gaze shifting to Lily. "Lou has a kid, and it's just... He's been hurt too many times. He's not looking for someone to date for a couple months, he's looking for someone to spend the rest of his life with, someone who can be a father to his daughter."

"Trust me, I know," Harry said, looking down the 6 month old and smiling at her. "I want to keep these two around for as long as I can," he said pressing a gentle kiss to Lily's head and feeling her cuddle into his chest.

"Sorry about that, you ready to go?"

"Done trying on every outfit you own mate?" Zayn teased, earning a glare and eyeroll from the older lad.

Harry bit his lip to hold in a laugh, but if he was being honest he tried on maybe 10 different outfits himself. Louis could've put on sweatpants and a stained tee and Harry would still be looking at him the same way.

"C'mere love," Louis said, taking Lily from the green eyed lad and kissing her all over her face. "Daddy has to go but he's gonna miss you a whole lot. I love you babygirl," he said, squeezing her into his chest and giving her one more kiss before handing her off to Zayn.

"Bye sweetheart," Harry smiled over at Lily as he began to follow Louis of out the flat.

"Bye boys! Be safe!!"

Louis actually groaned as heard his mate, closing the door behind him and blushing furiously as Harry wiggled his eyebrows at him. "I hate both of you," he muttered, ducking his head so the younger lad couldn't see his growing smile.