Chapter 11

The rest of the night seem to fly by in a blur. For once I had actually felt like a normal teenager, kid of. Instead of running from the cops the night ended with the campers weapons drawn and sprinting as the harpies had found us. Luckily Travis, Nyssa and I made it back to the boat before the harpies caught up. By the time we had made it back to the other side of the lake it was three in the morning and I had a slight headache from the closeted wine.

A couple of campers from the Aries cabin had brought some of the wine they had fermenting in their closet, It didn't taste the best and there wasn't much but hey, we had to work with what we could get. However as Demeter kids we did have the ability to speed up the process and not make it taste like dirt but where was the fun in that? Although there wasn't much to get everyone drunk, there was enough to make the campers forget their manners. By the end of the night, the bonfire was littered with empty cups and scraps of toilet paper.

The next morning as I sat in the dining pavilion, Chiron had made an announcement declaring that who ever was caught being guilty for going to the party would end up having dish duty for the rest of the summer. So far only Scottie from the Hypnosis cabin had been caught because he was found sleeping on a tree branch. Chiron had tried to pry out of him who had gone to the party but he fell asleep in the first five minutes so he didn't remember anything. Typical Hypnosis kid, sleeping everywhere they go. No one really talked about the party because Chiron was bribing the campers with drachmas to try and find out who had gone. Now it was only safe to talk to the kids who had gone, but still spies were everywhere. Chiron had even gotten through to my 8 year old brother. He knew we had gone to the party but he said he Chiron needed Evidence that we had actually went so he could pay him. Now he's been walking around with a recorder that he had the Hephaestus kids make him hoping we'd slip and accidentally say something about that night.

As for Travis and I, I felt like our fake relationship was progressing. We had been on a couple of dates so far and we currently had five days left of the bet. I tried to not think about it and cherish the few days I had left with him. I wondered if he would be as sad as I would be when this ended. A part of me thought he would, I mean yes we were technically "dating" but he didn't actually have to take me on any dates.  He didn't have to put in any effort, its not like anyone from school was here to monitor us. Sure last night was to impress Cassandra but none of the other dates had been out of spite, not that I knew of. I hated to admit it, but a part of me was scared that this really was just a bet to him. My feelings for him had grown during our short time together, and I couldn't tell if it was all one-sided.

The best option I had at this point was to just shut out any feelings I had for him, why waste my time on someone who could possibly not feel the same for me? It would save me from heart break and the low mental state that would sure ensue. 

If he did feel the same however... no Katie no, there is not point of even getting your hopes up .  I tried to shut my thoughts about my feelings for him away and focus on today. 

Travis and I had a group event as a couple. I couldn't be focused on my feelings for him while trying to act like his girlfriend. We were going to be taking the jet skis supplied by the Hephaestus cabin and racing some of the other cabins out on the lake.  I currently was in the bathroom of my cabin applying sunscreen on my face. The thick greasy  paste made me look like a ghost.

 I heard the door to the cabin open and a voice rang out," Katie c'mon its time to go! ". The sound of his footsteps traveled across the room until they reached outside the restroom door. 

" Hold on Travis I'm almost finished! ". I braided my hair as fast as my fingers could move and threw on a pair of Mirandas flip flops that sat in the restroom, good thing we wore the same size.  I opened the door to see Travis leaning against the frame picking at the petals of the sunflowers that sat in a large vase nearby.