Chapter 7

Today was the day I was going back to camp, my excitement was through the roof as I thought of what new memories I would make this summer

I couldn't wait to see the rest of my siblings and regularly attend campfires, It was going to be so much fun. After testing was over, Terra, Connor, and Travis came over. We all decided it would be easier for Argus to pick us all up at once, instead of making multiple stops.

On the car ride home, Terra was bombarding us with question like, Is it fun being a demigod? Are you guys all related? Do monsters ever actually eat you? or even how long are you a demigod for? The last one made us laugh.

Connor turned to her and said " We're demigods until we die, hell we're still demigods when we're dead ." I rolled my eyes and explained to Terra, "Being a demigod is something you just are. To put it best, its like being a race, you don't pick you just are."

She nodded her head and stopped talking. We were almost home when she asked us a question that caught us off guard, big time.

" So are greek gods the only ones out there?"

I had an uneasy look on my face that matched Travis and Connor. 

" Well, we don't really know yet. We use to think it was just us but there is this one kid Jason who just came to our camp recently. We don't know what he is but we know he is not greek. I don't really know what to think of it. " I said.

She noticed the uneasy looks we had on our faces and  she asked " Is there something wrong with him? Or do people not like him for a reason?"

I was about to answer when Connor spoke up. " Well, It's not that we don't like him.. It's just that we weren't really excepting him , so little bit of a let down". 

Terra, who seemed even more confused than before, was about to ask another question when   Travis, who was chewing on sour gummy worms piped in to further explain.

"There was this camper, Percy Jackson, he went missing last year.. and he's like a big deal. Big deal as in could've been a god but chose not to be. Anyways he helped us win this huge war we had last summer and he went missing like a couple months after. His girl Annabeth has been breaking her back trying to find him, it's sad really. But yeah like a couple months ago she went out to find him and came back with three new campers. One of them being that Jason guy, he's super powerful and has these weird Latin tattoos, rumors been going around that the Roman counterparts of the gods are still alive."

Terra raised an eyebrow and said, " Alive? How could they ever die? It doesn't make sense."

Travis threw a worm up in air catching it in his mouth. He pumped a fist in the air and continued on to Terra. " Well you see Terra, we just figured that once Rome fell, the gods did too. Survival of the gods depends on relevancy, once they are forgotten they die out. However, those lucky bastards have two parts to them so we figured they just transitioned over to their greek side, but if this Jason kid is actually roman like everyone thinks, then we have all been so very wrong."

" Well seems like a lot, glad I'm not apart of it." Terra shrugged her shoulders and the excitement of the days events seem to wear off. She stopped asking questions and went back to being browsing her phone.

We finally arrived home, and I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and  left the car. I took out my keyring and rummaged through the keys trying to find the right one. I heard footsteps behind me and then a loud thud on the ground. I turned around to see Travis and my backpack on the ground beside him.

" Ok, just because we're dating does not mean I get to carry your stuff around. " He said in annoyance.

I  rolled my eyes and faced back towards the door. Picking out the right key, I opened the door and said to Travis, " Just because we're fake dating does not mean you can just dump my stuff on the ground."