Chapter 18

KATIE'S P.O.V.

After me and Chers little  "incident "  the wedding was smooth sailing with some awkward tension. Cher and I skirted around each other the whole night not really knowing what to say to one another. I was still in shock and I kept replaying what had happened an hour ago. I guess Travis started to realize my strange behavior because he quickly excused himself and pulled me to the side.

" Hey, what's going with you?"

"I can't explain right now, I"ll update you later on."

 "Ok, I'll be here for you". He held my hand in mine making my heart skip a beat.

 "You better explain later, but for now lets dance ."

____________________ THE_NEXT_DAY______________________________________________

Me and Cher were currently at my house as we waiting in awkward silence. Not really knowing what to say, we sat in silence for a few more minutes before I finally spoke up. 

" Ok, we can't avoid this subject forever so I'm just going to break this painfully awkward silence. When did you find out you were a demigod? ".

She was looking around my room even though she had seen it hundreds of times. She finally looked at me and answered with a deep sigh, "It was about two years ago. Remember that time I missed a week school because I said I had strep throat? ". I gingerly nodded my head knowing where this was going. "Well, what really happened was I had been attacked by a hell hound. They're kind of my specialty at killing them ."

" But that doesn't explain why I have never seen you at Camp Half-Blood,and I'm pretty sure you have not been surviving out here all on your own."

She looked at me with nervous expression and started to fidget with her hands. " Well, at first I did go to Camp Half-Blood, but I don't think you were there yet or whatever. The reason I didn't stay was because it didn't feel...right ."

I scoffed "It didn't feel right?!? You had just found out you were a demigod, of course it didn't feel right, nothing did."

" No I mean, I didn't feel like I belonged. I-I didn't understand the Greek and I j-just had this feeling like I wasn't supposed to be there."

" So I left and then my dad was going to California on business trip and he told me I had to come with him. He knew who and what I was but he never told me. He told me to stay in the hotel because he was going to take me some where important later that day, but I was on my phone and I was attacked so I left. That's when I found Camp Jupiter."

I looked at her with confusion. What was Camp Jupiter? A science camp? "Katie, I have something to tell you, it's going to shock you but Camp Half-Blood isn't the only camp for demigods ". I stared at her for quit a while probably looking like an idiot. I mean, Camp Half-Blood not the only camp? It made sense in a way but how come we had never heard of them? And why was it named after a planet? Questions started flying through my head and I needed them to be answered.

Cher looked at me and seemed to know what I was thinking. " I know you probably have a lot of questions, but first lets start from the beginning."

_____________________________A_FEW_HOURS_LATER_______________________________

" So you guys were the one that took down Cronos? We just assumed that he fell on his own."

" I could say the same for you, we thought Cronos just gave up or something. Well, I kind if assumed it was you guys."

" Well technically it wasn't just us, it was mostly Percy, one of our missing campers who took him down."

She lifted her head and  looked at me questionably "Percy?".