Chapter 17

fKATIE'S P.O.V.           

(p.s. the wedding is in a field outside with flowers )

Today was the day. I thought yesterday was nuts, but I could tell today was going to be so much worse just from the start. Laura was freaking out about everything, I mean EVERYTHING. Whether if it was about the dress or if her posture was too slouchy, the make up, at one point I was thinking of putting her to sleep. I mean I guess I could understand why she was freaking out, every girl imagines that her wedding is going to be perfect, and if one thing was wrong then it could ruin everything. I was a little nervous as well. I would get to see my friends and dad again, and Travis. Unlike some Athena kid who already have a plan figured, I was clueless. I still hadn't figured out what I was going to do. 

I was currently sitting in one of the vanities while Terra rambled on about a new makeup palette  she wanted. I mean who seriously could talk this long various shades of powdered nudes? I was just about ready to die of boredom when Kelsey, one of the other bridesmaids gathered us all in a huddle.

 "Girls, it's showtime, get your game face on and go out there and make the bride happy. I swear if you girls mess this up for her I will personally rip your head off and make you do suicides down the wedding field! Now lets go, go, go!". Her inner soccer coach came out as she ushered us out the door. Me and Terra shared a glance at each other, trying not to laugh. They let us out the dressing room were we waited to be taken outside and walk down the aisle. As I was standing at the doors, I realized, the groomsmen were coming any minute now, which meant Travis was coming. I was starting to internally panic. In the midst of my panicking moment I didn't realized the groomsmen were coming in. I could see him oh gods, oh gods, oh gods hello mr. handosme. I never thought of Travis in a tuxedo and let me just say that it was a fine sight to see, and his hair, OH his hair! It looked somehow better than it did when I was dating him. I could go on a list about a hundred things that just made me ever regret breaking up with him, even though it wasn't really my fault. I quickly snapped my self out of gawking him and I stood straight and looked forward. I stuck my arm out at my side and he stiffly put his arm through mine. We waited until the start of the wedding while the others were talking. There was so much awkward tension as we waited.

I couldn't take it anymore, it was now or never. I quickly turned him at said " I'm sorry ". Conveniently, right at the same time he said it.

" Wait you go first ", he whispered.

"No you!"

"No you!"

" Ok you know what? Ill speak and then you speak after me ok?".  We spoke in hushed whispers not wanting to draw attention to ourself.

He huffed in annoyance, " You go first but let me just say what I have to say is really important ".

" No, I know what your going to say, and let me just say. I know. Lou Ellen told me everything and I know that what you did was true and you weren't lying and that Drew set you up and I am so so--". Before I could continue rambling on he did something that shocked me, he kissed me. They way his lips felt against mine just made me crazy, they way he held me, I wish he could never let go. If it weren't for him holding me I would  no doubt would be on the floor smiling like a lunatic. Thankfully I wasn't. Somehow my hands found there way in his hair and his arms wrapped around my waist. It was getting pretty heated until one of the bridesmaids cleared their throat. We quickly let go of each other blushing beet red until he said " I knew you weren't going to be able to resist me ".

I slapped his arm telling him " You kissed me first, don't even start ".

" Whatever, I'm still irresistible ". I was about to retort back until we started walking out to the ceremony. The ceremony was beautiful, it was taken outside in a field with wild flowers and the reception would be held in a ballroom built in the middle of the field, with fairy lights strung up on posts around the room. We walked down the aisle were the usual wedding stuff happened , vows were said, tears were shed and the reception soon started.