Chapter 16

KATIE'S P.O.V.

It had been about a week since I had found out the truth about the whole Travis/Drew scandal thingy. I was going to talk to Travis about it but the next day, but then of course Terra's mom had us taken back home for preparation's for the wedding, basically last minute errands and bridesmaid stuff. Yeah I know I could've text-ed him but my dad took away my phone even though I told him it had Celestial Bronze on it, but he didn't want to take any "Risks". 

So what was my plan? Well it wasn't really the best since I was winging it, but the day of the wedding, (Which was tomorrow) I was somehow going to talk to him. Maybe during the reception? Or during the ceremony, I don't. Like I said, I was going to wing it. Hopefully he would forgive me and he would ask me to be his girlfriend again, which I am crossing my fingers for. Anyway right now I was at the dress shop making last minute alterations. Let me just say I would so rather be playing Capture the Flag. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.

________________________________TRAVIS'S_P.O.V._______________________________

Tomorrow was the day of the wedding and I was more nervous than I had ever been fighting a monster. I needed to tell Katie about everything that had been going on and I was beyond nervous about it. I couldn't blame her for how she felt, after all the stupid pranks I had played on her, I would not be trusting me either right now. I was not the best at communicating my feelings, and when it came to her she made me feel like a school boy again. Since I had first met her I knew she would be a special presence in my life. Something about her just felt like home. She made me feel safe and this whole fake dating circumstance led me to be closer to her. I felt like I went and ruined the one good thing I had. I never knew how to get close to her, I could have been normal and taken the friendly approach , but my childish brain at the time thought pranking her would eventually lead to her falling for me. How stupid was that seeing as it only led her to resent me and the intense guilt I felt for everything I had done to her and how I made her feel.

I had never been to a wedding but I had been chosen as a last minute groomsmen by Katie's dad to join. I wasn't even allowed to go to the bachelor party because of the use of alcohol and my current age, which, let's be honest I could definitely outdrink all those grandpas, but nonetheless being with a group of drunk old men reminiscent about the good old days may not have been as fun as I thought.

 I currently was being picked and prodded at by an old lady who, in my not so professional opinion should have retired around 20 years ago. Katie's dad had joined me thankfully because I had no idea how any of this worked.  I was feeling more jittery with him, I didn't know why he picked me, or even if he knew about our past.  I could see him in the reflection of the three panel mirror as he sat behind me. We had casual small talk before we had fell into silence. I let out a small yelp as the tailor poked my leg with one of the pins as she did god knows what down there.

I noticed he had leaned forward and had a solemn expression on his face, my stomach started to churn as I watched him.

He leaned forward clearing his throat and my stomach dropped, I knew what was coming.

" So uh, Travis, what is all this with you and Katie? For a long time you made her pretty miserable, then all of a sudden she likes being around you, she seemed happier and then now she seems to be back to her old self, and I don't like seeing my little girl like that" He looked at me through the reflection of the mirror, his brows raised up at me and his elbows on his knees, he didn't seem mad, just more concerned.

I nervously gulped, clearing my throat hoping my answer wouldn't have him lunging at me from behind and killing me with the amount of needles pinned at my legs. " Well, to be quite honest sir, your daughter asked me out as a prank. I've always like her, clearly not the best at showing it but we had a situation at camp involving another girl, and I don't really think she feels like she can trust me right now. I wouldn't blame her after all I've down." I looked down avoiding eye contact and feeling the heat of the suit.

" Well, I know my daughter and she can trust easily but getting it back is a different story. If you really didn't do anything wrong she'll see that. As for the pranks I have hoped you have learned your lesson and grown from that, at least towards her. Pranking a women you love isn't a manly thing to do and I would hope as a young man you can see how damaging that can be to her." Although he was calm, I wnted nothing more than to get on my knees and beg him for forgiveness for everything I had ever done. My face felt hot and I wanted to disappear into a void.

I shuffled around, causing the tailor to poke me once again, and held in yelp, who knew small needles hurt more than stab wounds.

" Yes sir, I have realized I really haven't been a man lately and I promise, I am talking to Katie tomorrow , I want nothing more than her forgiveness and a chance to actually date her and treat her right. If we don't I can promise you I wont be pranking her anymore, I am over that."

He leaned back nodding his head and asked, " Speaking of pranks, none will be pulled at my wedding right?". I rapidly shook my head, "No sir I swear to the gods above pranks are wedding and Katie free from now one."

"Well then, everything's settled."

I stood there, thanking the gods the conversation was not as bad as it was, and waiting till tomorrow when I could finally get the chance to explain myself and apologize to Katie. All I needed was a little luck and charm and hopefully Tyche would be by my side. 

I wrote this in middle school of 2013. I am trying to salvage this god awful written story so please forgive me in the year of 2024. Is it embarrassing to be doing at my grown ass age? Maybe, however nothing is more embarrassing than my middle school writing so if some parts are written better than others so be it! I am updating random chapters at a time so some are written decently well while others have not been touched since! Sorry for the inconsistency but follow my tiktok (wordsfromasadwaterbottle) for sad poems about life. 

( I have not changed Katies pov yet srry not srry :P )