Truth Or Dare

"Oh come on!" Jessy exclaims from the back of the school bus, sitting alongside Myles, Devon and Briar, "You've got to be dating! No boy and no girl can have a relationship as good as this without them dating!"
     "We are not dating!" Briar yells back, her cheeks turning a small shade of red like they always do when someone brings up the topic of 'dating'. She doesn't like to talk about all that stuff, and definitely hasn't thought about being in a relationship for herself.
     "Me and Briar are just really best friends!" Myles retorts, getting slightly annoyed about how this topic is brought up every day whether himself and Briar are sitting next to each other, talking, laughing or even working together!
     "I don't believe it for a second," Devon states as he's a true Bryles believer, "just look at Briar! She's turned into a tomato!"
     Instantly, everyone turns their heads to look at Briar, who is turning even more red with Devon saying that. Why do I always do this? she thinks to herself, gritting her teeth and quickly looking at Myles for help.
    "Oh leave the poor girl alone!" he exclaims, getting everyone to turn away from the tomato, "Why don't we play a game, to pass the time?"
    "Or you just want to stop talking about you and Briar dating," Jessy mumbles,but still audible so that Myles could hear.
    "We're not in a relationship!" Briar yells, rejoining the conversation because her cheeks have gone back to their normal colour.
     "Fine," Devon surrenders, sighing in disappointment that his favourite couple aren't a couple, "let's play truth or dare."
     "Yeah!" Jessy yells, a smile growing on her face, "I'll go first! Myles, I dare you to kiss Briar!"
     Instead of her cheeks turning red, Briar begins to look pale, very pale. About as pale as ghost! Kissing? No! she thinks to herself, and Myles thinks, No! Not liking relationships too much, Briar definitely doesn't want a kiss from her best friend!
     "Briar," Devon says in a calmer voice than before, "Are you alright? You look a bit pale."
     "Maybe she just hates the thought of kissing Myles!" Jessy exclaims, giggling a little, "Are you that bad?"
     "Oh shut up Jessy!" Myles yells angrily, "You don't have to do this Briar, you don't look like you want to. And quite frankly, I don't want to."
     "Friend zoned!" Jessy yells to Briar, who still looks like a phantom, which is a little odd because Briar never zones out like this, but then again, she's never been asked to kiss someone.
     "No," Briar spits out, "I...ur...don't want to."
     "That's alright," Myles replies softly, making sure that she's okay as she looks pretty shaken up.
    Suddenly, Myles has an idea, and whispers it into Briar's ear so quietly that no one can hear, only Briar. Jessy gives Devon a look of confusion, and Devon gives her the same back.
     Once Myles pulls away, Briar has a big grin on her face. Myles nods, indicating for her to say what he had just told her. So, she says, "We dare Jessy to kiss Devon."
     Now, Jessy's face has turned pale, and Devon looks shocked. No! Jessy yells inside her head, and Devon thinks, Ugh, no.
    "Come on," Myles begins, "I've seen the way you look at her, Devon."
    "Myles!" Devon exclaims, his palms beginning to sweat and his cheeks blushing, "I don't look at her any differently to anyone else!"
    "Friend zoned!" Briar exclaims, copying what Jessy had said to her.
    "Okay, okay!" Jessy yells, her face becoming less pale, "just stop!"
    "And that, Jessy, is what we call 'getting a taste of your own medicine', truce?" Myles asks, smiling a little.
    "Fine!" Jessy yells angrily, "Truce."
    "We're here!" Devon exclaims, looking out of the bus' window at the large building that it has arrived at; school.
     The four stand up off the back seats, grab their bags and make their way down the isle to the front of the bus. They step off, and Jessy runs inside to give in a late assignment, whereas Devon goes to see some of his other friends, leaving Myles and Briar walking together, alone.
     "You know I lied on the bus," Myles says, looking at the floor, and coming to a stop, making Briar stop as well and look at him with confusion.
    "What?" she asks.
    "I lied when I said I didn't want to kiss you."
    A silence begins to take over their conversation, and Briar looks at him with shock before asking, "So you wanted to kiss me?"
    "Yeah," Myles says, looking back up and seeing her beautiful face, "I did, and do."
    He takes her small hands, and places them on his and says, "I think I've fallen in love with you Briar, over the years. I know you don't like relationships, and it's probably because you're scared but we could make this work!"
    "Can I ask you a question?"
    "Of course."
    "What does love feel like?"
    "Like you want to be with them all the time, you want to hug them, kiss them, keep them safe."
    "Then, I think I'm in love with you too."
    And with that, he presses his lips against hers, and she kisses back thinking, I guess relationships aren't that bad.

-
Sorry this is so short! But I hope you liked it!