Ah!

*Sorry for any mistakes*

Synopsis: a large storm is passing through Toronto, and it caused the dancers to stay over night at CDC. A huge storm, a night in the studio with friends. Seems like a great time to put on a scary movie....

Briar's pov
My breathing becomes rapid and I bend down slightly, placing my hands on my knees just like everyone else. That dance is hard! Not to mention tiring! That'd better win the competition next week, or all of this practise will have been for nothing. It's very high energy and upbeat; my kind of dance. Except it is a little long, but I can't lose energy towards the end. Neither can anyone else!

"All right, dancers, good job!" Allain booms so loudly that I think he broke my ear drum. Why so loud? We aren't deaf! Yet. "This is the part where I tell you that it's time to go home and rest, correct?"

Well, yes. Correct. Is he not going to let us go or something? I'm not dancing that routine full out again, if that's what he means. Everyone nods, gasping for air. Some have gathered around the air conditioning and the fan.

"Well, I'm not going to tell you that this time." Why?

"What are you going to tell us then?" I ask with curiosity, still panting, just not as much as before.

"I'm going to tell you that you'll all be staying here tonight," he replies, looking at me at first and then at everyone else.

"Why?" I ask, and everyone is now staring at him with wonder.

"Because," he begins, looking at me and then taking his gaze to the rest of the class, "a large storm is currently passing over us. You can't hear it over the sound proof walls and loud music, but it's a big storm! So, we've called your parents and have arranged for you all to stay here tonight. There are trees, poles and a lot of other things being blown down. It's too risky for you all to drive home, someone could get into an accident."

A storm? I love storms! Well, I don't love the damage that they can do, but I love the sound of the rain tapping against my window and the wind combing through the trees' hair. Plus, this studio is my second home, so, I guess, it'll be fun here to stay over night! We can stay up late, watch scary movies and eat pizza! Oh God, I hope Allain has pizza!

"Sounds kind of fun," Myles butts in, but I can't help but feel the corners of my lips begin to curl into a smile at the sound of his husky voice. "It'll be like one big sleepover!"

"That's the spirit!" Allain smiles. "Now, I'll go and get everything you all will need for the night, so try to sort out where you're sleeping whilst I'm gone."

~~~~~~~~

It's coming up to ten o'clock, and we decided to put on a film. Not just any genre, the horror genre! My favourite! I love the thrill of being scared, and the shock that you get when something pops out. Even though they're very predictable most of the time, I still enjoy the rush and the shivers that travel throughout my body.

"Which film are we watching?" Devon asks and grabs a slice of pizza. Yes, Allain did have pizza! No one knows why though, a light snack occasionally maybe.

"Lights Out," Jessy replies, also grabbing a slice and then resting her head on a pillow.

I feel Myles shift uncomfortably beside me. I give him a look of 'you okay?', and he nods softly. He mouths, 'cramp.' Oh! I smile a little at him. I thought he didn't like the choice of film or something, but I guess not.

Soon enough, the film is on and we're all huddled up together. Myles' arm is around me, and my head on his shoulder. I feel his grip become a little tighter on me as the film continues, and his finger nails begin to dig into my skin. Um...ouch.

"Myles," I whisper quietly, only so that he can hear. "You're kind of killing my arm here."

He instantly makes his grip loser, and his nails' sharpness disappears from my arm. "Sorry," he mutters apologetically. I kiss his cheek as if to say 'it's okay.'

A few more minutes pass, and I'm guessing that it's coming up to the first jump scare. The tight grip and the nails digging into me start to happen again, so I give him a small nudge and whisper, "Myles."

But the grip only gets tighter, and I'm becoming uncomfortable. "Myles," I whisper again, but this time a little louder.

As soon as I say that, the jump scare happens, and everyone screams, including Myles and I. Everyone hides their faces in a pillow, except me. It wasn't that bad! So, I keep watching.

However, I feel a warmth on my shoulder. My eyes wander down, only to find Myles' head hiding from the screen, hiding on my shoulder. I chuckle to myself a little before placing an arm around him. I never knew that he was afraid of things like that. But hey, we can't all be brave. Even Devon is hiding behind Jessy!

"You don't have to look," I whisper softly in his ear, and he nods slightly in agreement.

"Sorry about uh, this," he chuckles a little, removing his head from my shoulder.

"We all get scared," I say with a reassuring smile, that he returns.

Suddenly, another jump scare comes out of nowhere. "Ah!" Everyone reams, and his face is soon pressed against my shoulder, hiding from the film again. This is going to be a long night....

~~~~~

Bad ending. Sorry for the lack of updates, thanks for reading!