Missing

*Sorry for any mistakes*

Briar's pov
"Lucy!" I yell loudly, running around the kitchen in a bit of a panic, searching for my white, fluffy dog. I can't find her anywhere! I've checked all around the house, and she isn't here! "Come on, Lucy! Where are you?"

Well, she isn't in this room either, unless she can fit through a hole in the wall that's made by a mouse. Oh God! My family is going to kill me if I lose her. You see, they went on a weekend trip to see how I would handle living alone with responsibilities to deal with myself. It was going great until I let Lucy into the garden and......the garden! Oh, that's where she must be! I really can be stupid sometimes.

I quickly sprint off into the garden, and call her again. But, she doesn't come. I look between the blades of bright green grass, only to see a small dent in them. Aha! Maybe she ran into our front garden, that's where the small path is leading to.

Carefully, I follow the small trail of where the grass is dented. Ugh. That's another job I need to do; cut the grass. But, the long spikes are helping me find my dog, so I'll do it later. Finally, I reach the front garden, and look straight ahead to see where the trail ends. The gate.

Our large white gate is wide open, and Lucy is nowhere to be seen. No! No! No! I left the gate open! I'm such an idiot! Instantly, I sprint to the gate, stepping out of my front garden and onto the grit pavement, looking around to see if Lucy is anywhere. But she isn't.

I sink to my knees in sadness and disappointment. I'm so disappointed in myself. I forgot to close the gate. I may have potentially let our dog get run over by a car. She's tiny! No one will see her! What have I done?

With all the thoughts racing around my head like a car at top speed, I don't even realise that tears are leaking out of my eyes and are making a path down my cheeks. Lucy can't be gone! I love her so much! My parents and Abbey will never forgive me! I'm such an idiot.

I manage to stand up, even though I'm hyperventilating, and take my body to the front door that overlooks the front garden. I leave the gate open, incase she comes back, even though I doubt she will. I'm not ready to live on my own. I can't do this! By now, I'm practically chocking on my tears. My dog is probably helplessly lying on the side of the road, dead, and it's all my fault. My head slips into my palms, ruining any trace of makeup on my face. But I don't care about my looks right now. I care about my dog.

All I can do is sit here and cry. I want my parents to come home, to tell me it's okay, to embrace me into a hug while Abbey holds Lucy and says it was them that took her to see how I would react. When they come home, they'll ground me, and Abbey will never speak to me again.

I'm so engrossed in my dreaded thoughts that I don't even feel the small warmth on my cheek at first. Then it happens again. It feels like....like a tongue. A small, warm and wet tongue. I take my head out of my hands to look down, and there in front of me is my white fluff ball. Lucy! I pick her instantly, and kiss her head, hugging her tightly. She's back! I'm okay!

But then I feel a hand on my shoulder. I flinch a little before looking up to see who's there. Mum? Dad? Abbey? Nope. My eyes meet a pair of sparkling ones, ones that I could get lost in forever. The one and only, Myles Erlick's.

His pink lips shoot me a small smile as he looks at me with sympathy. I smile back, even though it's a little hard to after I've been crying so much. He sits next to me on the porch, and gently places ms onto his lap. I look up at the gate; he shut it. So, I let Lucy bounce out of my arms, and she runs around to the back garden, probably to play football with herself.

"Baby," Myles says softly, gently pulling my head into his chest as he rubs my arm up and down in comfort.

Before he can say anything else, I quickly speak up and say, "Thank you. Thank you so much. I was so worried! I thought that she got hit by-"

"Shh," he says soothingly, now stroking my hair from the roots to the tips, and saving me from chocking up in the middle of my sentence. "Don't worry about it. I saw near the road, sniffing a tree on the left side, so I picked her up and put her in my car. I was coming here anyway, remember?"

With everything that just happened, I honestly forgot. Now I feel bad that I forgot about him. "Sorry," I reply, shutting my eyes slightly in annoyance, "I forgot. It's just that I got really panicked with Lucy being gone, and then I saw that the gate was open, and...and..."

I feel my eyes starting to tear up again. No! Stop it! Stop crying! You're acting like a baby! But then one tear falls, and a few more soon come tumbling down.

"Oh Briar," he gently says, slowly rocking me back and fourth in a tight embrace, "that's okay, baby. I'd be worried too if my dog went missing. I hate seeing you cry, sweetie. Lucy's here now, your family isn't going to kill you."

I feel myself smile a little at the end, and he too lets out a warm smile. Is he a mind reader? Who am I kidding? It's Myles, he knows exactly what I'm thinking, or what I was thinking.

"Now," he begins, propping me upright and drying my tears away with his thumb, "how about we go inside, have hot chocolate and watch movies for the rest of the evening. Your family isn't coming home until tomorrow, so why don't I spend the night here? Don't want you losing anything else now, do we?"

I smile at him again, and hug him tightly, again. He's actually amazing.

"You're the best," I mumble into his shirt. "I love you."

"I love you too baby girl."

~~~~~

I finally updated for you guys! Sorry for not updating for a while, there's this thing that sucks but will help me get a job- it's called school. I thought of this and wrote it before I could forget it haha. Hope you enjoyed! ❤️
1152 words