Video Game Night

*Sorry for any mistakes*

Synopsis: Briar gives Myles one night a week to play video games. He can stay up as long as he likes because it's his night. But when that night comes around, he doesn't go to his game room.

Briar's pov
"Myles?" I ask, tilting my head and staring at him in confusion. It's just gone nine, and he hasn't gone to his game room yet. Yes, his. This is our house; we moved in a few weeks ago. And we do share every room, but we each have our own room just for ourselves. He has his game room where he plays video games, and I have my own special room. Of course, we spend most of our time together, but I allow him one night a week where he can stay up and play video games for as long as he wants, so he can have a break from me and enjoy his time alone. Tonight is that night, and the odd thing is, he hasn't left the sofa that we're both cuddling on. "You know that it's past nine, right?"

"Yep," he replies, popping the 'p' and looking down at me with a smile. His grip around me softens a little, and he gives me a gentle kiss on my forehead. I can't help but smile at him back. His lips open again as he says, "I know."

"And you do know that it's your video game night, right?" I ask, staring at him with confusion once again. He never misses his video game night! Why isn't he going in there? Is his game broken? Has he lost the controller? I hope not! Even though I would help him find it, or pay for his game to be fixed. I like it when he's happy, and that makes him happy so I don't mind paying for something like that to be fixed.

His lips curl into a smile once again, yet I still look at him in confusion. Suddenly, I feel him propping me upright, so that I'm sitting upward on his lap. Huh? I was enjoying our cuddle! Then I feel his chest against my back, but it's soon gone and he gently places me off of his lap, onto the bare sofa. Oh, he's going to play video games. I get it, and it's fine!

However, I soon feel an arm around my back, and another around my legs. I feel myself being lifted off of the sofa, bridal style I guess you could say. My eyes wander upwards, only to see Myles' smile beaming down at me and his eyes twinkling. Whatever he's doing, I'll let him continue. This feels nice, and I can't help but smile back at him and gently press my head against his chest. He mumbles into my hair softly, "I know what night it is."

My eyes carefully look ahead so that I can see where he's taking me, and it looks like his gaming room! Why's he taking me in there? That's his room. Sure enough, he quietly kicks the door open (only gently) with his foot and the door opens swiftly. He walks inside with me still in his arms, and I can't hell but ask, "What are you doing?"

Instead of answering me, he slowly sits down on the floor, and places me in his lap. Then, he grabs his controller and remote, turns the TV on, and begins to play one of his games. Both of his arms wrap around me, so that his fingers pressing the buttons on the controller are right in front of me. I'm still a little confused as to why he brought me here, to his special room. "Myles, don't you want time alone to play your games? Isn't that the point of this night?"

He quickly pauses the game, and sweetly replies to my question with, "Yes, you're right. But playing my favourite game would only make sense if I had my favourite girl with me too." Aw Myles! A big smile grows onto my face, and I gently lean backwards so that my back is resting on his chest, and my head on his shoulder. He keeps an arm around me, and I kiss his cheek. How can one guy be so nice?

"Myles," I whisper as he continues his game, "you're the best." I turn my head to look at his face, and he does the same to me. We both smile at each other, and his warm lips are soon pressed onto mine. Gosh, he does know how to make a night perfect. We pull away after a few seconds, and I say without even realising it, "I love Myles, you know that right?"

"Of course I do," he replies with a wide grin, "because I love you, Briar."

I spend the rest of the night resting in his arms as he plays his game, occasionally cuddling and kissing me, letting me know that he doesn't just care about his game, even though I know that he cares about me. Once I feel my eyes drooping, he gently wraps a blanket around me, and I quickly fall asleep like that.

The end.

~~~~~

Hope you all like this one shot! Sorry that it isn't long but it wasn't intended to be :)
889 words