Dance Battle

*Sorry for any mistakes*

Synopsis: Myles and Briar are having dance battle and Briar wins. All the boys tease Myles, but he's too proud of Briar to care. Thanks to cookiecatmonster for the great idea! :)

Myles' pov
"Briar watch out!" I yell as my face is almost hit as Briar front-aerials (practically) into me just as I'm about to do some turns. What? She almost hit me! But all she does is smirk at me for a few seconds before quickly rejoining the beat. Uh! She made me lose my focus!
     Maybe I should talk about how this happened. Basically, me and the guys (Isaac, Devon) happened to walk past the girls' rehearsal when Isaac was saying that I'm the best dancer in the studio. Devon was agreeing to, but I certainly wasn't. Just because I can spin more than Isaac doesn't mean that I'm better than him. And yeah, I may have better technique than Devon but his lifts are insane, nothing I could ever achieve!
     As soon as we walk past we hear a voice; a voice I know too well- my girlfriend's, aka Briar's. That's when we know that something was going to down- most likely me. Even though I was saying that I'm not the best dancer, I knew that Briar would just say that I was being 'modest', and that I really think that I am the best dancer here, which I don't think!
     "So you think you're the best here?" She asked and crossed her arms as she gave me a sassy look.
     "I never said that!" I yelled back in my defence, couldn't someone have helped me out here?
     "But you thought it!"
     "No, I didn't!"
     "Well to settle it, let's have a dance battle; me and you."
     "If that makes you satisfied."
     That's where we are now, dancing, showing off our best tricks. Honestly, I don't care who wins. If Briar wins, she'll enforce that I'm not the best, and I'll get teased by Isaac and Devon that I 'lost to a girl', but who cares? If I win however, she'll probably be in a mood with me for a while, but get over it, hopefully.
     Now I have to turn it up a notch! She is not winning just because she made me lose my focus! Nope, I going to do turns- all forty of them. That's right, forty. My turns improve all the time, letting the number get higher! I quickly finish them off with a back tuck and I can see Briar's jealous face as she does an illusion. Briar's always been jealous of how many pirouettes I can do, it's a little amusing sometimes.
     But she comes back just as hard with her needle into a back walkover and then some on-the-spot choreography. Damn! She can really dance when she wants to! Sometimes you wouldn't even think that we're dating! Someone even asked me why I date her because that's the only side of her that they'd seen. I was astounded! I mean there are so many reasons why I date her! She's beautiful, kind, an amazing dancer, sweet and funny! I told them not to judge her because they'd only seen her like that. I mean how rude!
     Anyway, enough of me blabbering on! I have a dance battle to win, and a title to maintain- I hope. I think that we're both glad that this isn't a hiphop song! Her best style is jazz, mine is ballet, but we're both amazing at tricks, so that's pretty much what we're doing, along with actual dancing of course. This is a dance battle, not a trick battle. But I'm actually beginning to get tired....

Briar's pov
Okay, I'm kind of regretting this idea now. I should never have challenged Myles! When he wins I'm going to look like an idiot in front of our friends! "You tried your best" they'll say, well my best won't be good enough! No one can beat Myles, uh! Don't worry though, I still love him.
     I just have to keep going, I have to try. What's the point if I don't at least try? Yeah, he just spun forty pirouettes as if they were nothing. But he isn't as flexible as me! So, I throw a chest roll to the ground, and spin my legs around my head before coming out of it into a bridge, into my normal standing position, and a side aerial to finish it off.
     "Yeah Bri!" Jessy shouts, which makes me smile, giving me hope. Maybe I do have a chance at winning this thing!
     I don't even look at Myles now, whatever he's doing can be left at that, and I'll stop worrying about him, and focus on my dancing and what I'm doing! I quickly throws some turns, a lot of flips, and I end that with the splits on the ground.
     Just as I'm about to make up some on-the-spot choreography, I'm stopped by Myles' panting voice saying, "I'm done. I can't beat this dance goddess!"
     I turn around to look at him bent down with his hands on his knees, panting heavily. Aw, that was pretty sweet of him! Considering he's the best dancer here, I'm proud of myself! So, I walk towards him with a grin on my face and he soon sees me. He quickly takes his hands away from his knees and smiles back at me.
     I stick my hand out for him to shake, but he doesn't shake it. Instead, he slaps it out of the way, leaving me looking like a confused donkey for a few seconds before I feel his arms wrap around me and my feet being lifted off the ground.
     "Mylo!" I giggle as he spins me around in the air, this is way better than a handshake!
     "You won, Bri!" He exclaims as he stops spinning me to give me a small peck on the lips before putting me down and walking over to his friends, leaving me there smiling like an idiot.

Myles' pov
Briar quickly runs back over to Jessy and they start squealing like typical girls, but it's honestly making me smile even more seeing Briar this happy and excited. Now I have to face with the teasing, but I don't care about that.
     "Dude, she just beat you," Isaac smirks.
     "That's my girl!"

The end.

~~~~~
Sorry that this wasn't very long and the writing wasn't very good 😅 but I haven't updated this since the stone age so here you all go! Thank you again cookiecatmonster ❤️
1100 words.