Dessert

Surprise;)

~

"Shhh" Jane giggled.
She sat on top of him, her hand covering his mouth in a last ditch attempt to keep him silent.
Jane jumped, pulling her hand back when she felt his tongue against her skin.
Childs play, she didn't expect any different from Jacob Adler.

~

"Jane" Trisha lay against the front door "I know your in there" she sighed, her hand shading her eyes in an attempt to avoid the strong sun rays as she glanced up to, what now was, Jane's bedroom.
Something was going on. She smelt it.
Trisha rubbed her over worked heels, sliding her Jimmy Choos off before letting her feet rest in the soft grass. If she was going to snoop round she should at least do it comfortably.
She froze upon hearing a sharp giggle, her eyes darting to the open upstairs window. Jane Adler, you shady lady.
"If your trying to hide from me at least close your window; or even better, be quiet!"
Trisha rolled her eyes. Jane wasn't going to make her climb the vine, was she? It would be a last ditch attempted but even Jane knew that Trisha would be mad enough to do it.

~

"Shit" Jane all but rolled off the bed, breathing a sigh of relief when Jake caught her.
"Shit" she repeated.
"Yes. We've established that" Jake smirked.
"Shhh" Jane smiled down at him, closing the gap between their lips. At least she had found a way to keep him quiet.

"JANE"

Jane's head fell against Jakes's chest upon hearing her friends shrieks. No rest for the wicked.
"As much as I'd love to stay in our current position...." Jane's eyes darted round the room, looking for suitable clothing ".....I think I better......tend to her before...." Jane's eyes came to a stop when a pair of jeans came into sight. Jake watched her concentrated expression with a smirk on his face, leaving her unable to finish her sentence.
"What?" She narrowed her eyes at him.
"Before what...?" Jake asked referring to her last sentence.
"Before...." Jane's hand stretched out, snatching a pair of black skinny jeans off the bedside table "before she realises she has a spare key"
He chuckled, watching as she headed for the stairs.
She popped her head back around the door "hide"
Jake jumped from the bed, near tripping over the covers as he headed for Jane's walk in wardrobe. Jane rolled her eyes before heading back towards the stairs.

~

She was met with an evil stare as she opened the door. Trisha, of course, came barging in leaving Jane to close the door behind her.
"45 minutes"
Jane dropped the silver key back into the bowl.
"45 minutes I was standing out there"
"I know" Jane glided past her "for the past 45 minutes I've had to listen to dozens of threats being made from below my window. It's 9am, am I not entitled to a lie in on a Saturday morning"
"You never lie in" Trisha narrowed her eyes.
"All the more reason for me to have one" Jane handed her a cup of coffee.
Trisha's eyes peeked over the rim of the mug, something was different but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.
She was glowing
"Anyway" Jane was quick to move the conversation along a bit. She has a man waiting for her in bed, she wasn't going to let this go on longer than it had to. "What's so urgent a phone call would not suffice?"
"Jacob Adler is who" Trisha took a seat at the breakfast bar.
"Oh" was all that escaped from Jane's lips. She knew he'd have his ears glued to the wall at a mention of his name.
"Yes oh" Trisha set her coffee mug down.
"What about him?"
"Yes, what about him?" Trisha repeated "we could talk about his charm, looks, perfect wife....perfect life but what I'm more interested in is his lips....on yours in the bakery yesterday"
"Shit"
The colour drained from Jane's face.
"Yes...shit" Trisha smirked, taking a large gulp of her coffee.
"How did you...."
"I was there"
Jane closed her eyes. This was all a nightmare.....it had to be.
"The kids...." She began.
"....are not going to find out" Trisha was quick to finish Jane's sentence "you don't have to worry about that.....what I'm more interested in is what's going on in your bedroom"
"What's going on in my bedroom...?" Jane repeated with a roll of eyes.
"Or should I say....who" Trisha smirked.
Jane bit her lip. She was pretty sure even Jake upstairs heard her sudden sharp intake of breath.
"Don't be ridiculous" Jane managed to compose herself, lifting the two empty coffee mugs off the table and heading for the sink.
"Don't even try to say you had the TV on..." Trisha stood, following Jane to the other side of the kitchen "that's the oldest excuse in the book"
Jane turned, unsure of what to say.
They stared at each other for what felt like a few minutes before Trisha spotted the two wine glasses out of the corner of her eye.
Jane followed her gaze, feeling the blood drain from her face.
Shit
Trisha basically sprinted to the stairs striding up them two by two, closely followed by Jane.

This was it. Over before it had even started.

~