Volpina

A few days later Alya and I walked into the classroom to find that everyone was talking, Ms. Bustier wasn't there yet.

"I heard her parents own a club in Italy!" Someone said.

"She told me she has been dancing under professional teaching since she was 4!"

"She said she was a famous break dancer, there were posters of her everywhere!"

I looked at Alya, "What are they talking about?"

"Oh! They must be talking about the new girl, Lila!" She responded. She pulled out her phone and opened her blog, "She says she came here a couple years ago and became best friends with Ladybug, and convinced her to join the breakdance world! I got a great interview with her for the Ladyblog."

She tapped on a video and the new girl, Lila, talked about how she and Ladybug were "Totes besties."

"I've never met her..." I mumbled, "We're not besties."

"Well of course you're not besties!" Alya said, "She just got here, you haven't been introduced, and I'M your bestie."

We laughed. If only she knew.

I looked across the classroom and saw Adrien and Lila, who I could easily recognize from the video, talking. Lila was smiling and laughing and touching his chest. Adrien smiled, but looked slightly uncomfortable.

I frowned and furrowed my eyebrows, "Why is she talking to Adrien?"

Alya smirked at me, "Do I detect a hint of jealousy?"

"ME- WHAT- UM- WHAT- NO- NO WAY! I'M N-NOT-"

"They seem to be hitting it off."

I looked back to Adrien and Lila.

Lila had a finger on his chest and was smiling. She took his hand and led him out of the classroom.

"Oh no." I said.

"Please don't start." Alya said, holding her head.

"SHE'S SO BEAUTIFUL AND FOREIGN AND INTERESTING AND SHE'S A FAMOUS BREAKDANCER IN ITALY AND HER PARENTS OWN A CLUB MY PARENTS DON'T OWN A CLUB THEY OWN A BAKERY HE'S GOING TO FALL IN LOVE WITH HER AND SHE'S GOING TO FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM AND THEY'RE GOING TO GET MARRIED AND I WILL END UP A CRAZY CAT LADY WITH A BUNCH OF CATS NAMED HUGO, EMMA, AND LOUIS!"

Alya sighed, "Marinette you're so over dramatic!" She laughed, "If you love this boy go get him!"

"I can't just go up to him and-"

I looked across the room as Lila led Adrien away...

"Okay I'm gonna go see what they're talking about."

"You're gonna spy on them?"

"NO. I'm just... Going to... Happen, to pass by... and just happen, to overhear."

Alya laughed as I grabbed my bag and walked out of the room.

-----

Lila and Adrien had sat down on the bench in the hallway.

I walked past them casually, slinging my bag over my shoulder and walking to the water fountain. I took a sip so they wouldn't notice me, then as they turned their heads back to each other, I jumped behind the fountain, peeping my eyes over the top.

"So I heard you have a breakdance club here in Paris!"

"Yeah." Adrien said, "We do. I've seen the champions dance. They're so good." He sighed and cupped his chin in his hands, "Especially Ladybug. She's amazing. And a great dancer. And she's beautiful. And-"