Ladybug's End

It was early in the morning. Chat and I had just finished battling another challenger before class had begun. There was a small crowd, mainly my classmates, but we were still buzzing with excitement from the win.

"Excellent work as always my Lady." Chat said, smirking at me as we walked up the stairs of the club.

"Thanks Kitty," I said with a smile, "You were great with that combo today."

"Thank you Bugaboo."

We walked out of the club and into the storage closet. The small crowd flowed out of the door and went back to the classrooms, since lessons were about to start.

I went to the bathroom and changed into my ballet clothes.

Once I was done I walked out and grabbed my bag from the hallway where I had left it, and walked into the classroom.

"Marinette!" Alya said, "I can't believe you missed it, there was such a cool battle this morning at the club! It-"

"Let me guess, it was the best dancing you've ever seen." I responded with a laugh.

"How'd you know I was gonna say that?"

"That's what you say every time Ladybug and Chat Noir dance." I laughed.

"Don't judge me!" Alya said shoving me in the shoulder and laughing, "They're amazing, and I still can't believe you've never seen them in person."

"Seeing them on the Ladyblog is good enough for me."

The classroom went silent as we heard the doorknob turn. The club was still a secret, so we couldn't let Ms. Bustier catch us talking about it.

But the person who opened the door was not Ms. Bustier.

The door opened slowly to reveal our real teacher, not the sub we've known for so many months.

It was Master Fu.

I remembered the first day he came to class. The memories were not pleasant. Chloé making fun of me, my tumble, crying, running out of the classroom, the only good part of that day was getting my Ladybug costume from The Turtle.

"Good morning class." Master Fu said, hobbling in on his cane, "Sorry I've been out for so long, I've been very busy coming up with choreography for your recital next week."

The class whispered to each other, "What recital?" someone asked.

"Ah yes," Master Fu said, stroking his beard, "I have arranged for the owner of this studio to come in and see how well you've improved over the summer."

"You haven't taught us anything!" Chloé said, outraged, "How are we supposed to put together a ballet in two weeks?!"

Master Fu clicked his tongue disapprovingly, "Believe in your teacher, I already have the whole thing planned out." He looked at the class, "It's a short ballet, you just need to learn the choreography for your parts."

He sat down in the chair, "It's a Cinderella story, as you would say. A young girl is abused, then she goes to a ball in disguise and meets a prince, they fall in love, she leaves her mask at the masquerade ball, then the prince finds her and," he clapped his hands together, "Happily ever after."

Chloé rolled her eyes, "Fine. When are auditions?"

"As I said, I already have the whole thing planned out." Master Fu turned in his chair, "Mr. Agreste, you will play the prince."

Chloé perked up, "Perfect! Then I'll be the princess, and-"

"Actually, you're going to be the ugly stepmother."