Don't try me

Chapter eight.
»Adam.

I love you.

I absolutely love you.

I take a huge bite of my chicken sandwich, grabbing two thin french as well. Yesterday, my dad took my mom to the doctor and she was told to stay in the hospital because of too much stress that would make giving birth hard for her. My dad had to ask the school supervisor if he could miss school until my mom gets better.

My dad not being in school feels so weird, who can I talk shit to?
However, he was nice enough to bring me lunch and he also brought Jupiter something to eat. Where is she anyways? She doesn't skip lunch, does she?

"Babe!" Oh fuck. I feel pain all over my body, why did she have to be here? I hear a giggle, I take another bite of my sandwich. "Adam, did you get my invitation for my party?"

"Yeah, I got it but I'm busy that day." She sees the bag of Smash Burger, grabs it which makes me furious. I snatch the bag away from her, she does a little pout. Did she just pout? I shake my head, I'm crazy. "Why are you being rude? What's so important in that day? Adam, you always come to my parties."

I make an 'eh' face, "you force me. And this is for someone else and I'm busy, can you leave me alone?"

"Ugh. Adam, don't make me beg, please. Come, it'll be fun, you know I'll make it fun."

"Go away," I groan, "you're begging because you want to, I'm just sitting here." I look around to see Jupiter coming out of the line where you get food, she looks around with the most angry expression. I wave my arm to get her attention, she sees me and notices the annoying girl.

She shakes her head, come on! She glares at me, I stand up and motion her to come. She sticks her tongue out at me, walking towards me, I smile. I look back at Kyley, "can you leave? I want to be away from you."

"Wh-what? W-who's com--" she turns to see Jupiter on her way, she looks back at me. "The feisty freak? What are you doing with that weirdo?"

"Just leave. You're annoying me right now." She gets up as soon Jupiter standing next to us, she looks so awkward. "I can't believe this! Adam, please don't do this. You can fuck with any other girl but not her!"

I plant both my hands on the table, leaning towards her so our faces are close. "Don't try me, Kyley. You better believe that I'm talking to her, you can't tell me what to do so fuck off...and if I ever see you hurting her, I will destroy that 'sweet and innocent' look you have in seconds and don't call her a freak."

Jupiter looks away, Kyley gets up and walks away. Sighing, I motion Jupiter to sit in front of me which she does. She looks down in embarrassment, she's never embarrassed. She grabs her fork to poke her chicken strip, I quickly grab her fork and plate. I put those aside, I tap a girl's shoulder who was talking to her friend.

"Want this? It's for free."

She starts stuttering but nods, I hand Jupiter the bag of food. She looks at me with a small smile, "what did you get me?"

I clear my throat, "I remember you told me that you like chicken so I got you a chicken sandwich and fries...also here, I got a large drink for us."

"Your dad got this, huh?" I nod, of course the receipt in stapled on the bag. I forgot to get rid of it. "I should thank him when he comes back, why isn't he here?"

"My mom is in the hospital, she wasn't feeling well."

"Ohh..." She takes a sip of the drink, a beam of light shine in her eyes. "Lemonade, I love lemonade." A smile appear on my face, of course people stare at us. Jupiter seem not to mind it though, she starts eat quietly.