Sadness In Happiness

Epilogue. (Twelve years later...)
»Adam.

The room is bright from the sun, the window is huge and I could see the front yard very well. My fingers fix my tie, I look down at it. With a sigh, I give up on it once again. No matter how hard I try to do my tie, it never works out.
I turn my head to see Emily, she smiles at me.

"Need help?" I nod. Emily flips her dark brown hair back, her hands quickly work at fixing my tie. "What is MJ and Annie doing?" I ask quietly.

"The kids are playing around, MJ knows to not mess around with Annie." Emily smiles, fixing my hair back.
She has those bright round brown eyes that remind me so much of someone, she doesn't look like Jupiter at all.

I look at the mirror, Emily just stand next to me and compliments me about my outfit, I nod. Staring at the mirror, I imagine Jupiter standing next to me and saying something that would probably piss me off.
Damn, I miss her so much now.

Emily kisses my cheek, "I'll go check on the kids and see if they're ready to leave with me, what time is the funeral?"

"In four hours." I whisper, my voice cracking. She nods, walking away immediately. I close my eyes, trying to hold back my tears. I sit down on the edge of my bed, staring at the picture frame of me and Jupiter.
She was holding a rifle, she still smiled when she came back from her first deployment in Syria.

It's awful to hear that someone you love is gone.
The screams got louder and so did the footsteps, "daddy! Daddy! Look!"

Annie and MJ are my kids; they're both six years old. Annie keeps pointing outside, "daddy, come!" She yells loudly, I get up and let her take the lead. She jumps up and down, I could hear MJ crying.
"Did you make your brother fall?" I ask, she shakes her head.

She has the same crazy brown curly hair that Jupiter did, not anymore since Jupiter cut her long hair a while back before going back into the Army.
Emily wipes her tears, she is crying too.

"Daddy, mommy is back!" MJ screams, I turn my head to see Jupiter with her hair up in a ponytail and in her suit. She smiles at me, "what's up, son?"

Annie keeps giggling and tears roll down her cheeks, I ran to Jupiter. I hug her tightly, lifting her up which makes her laugh. Jupiter holds onto me, "I missed you."

"I missed you too, are you okay?" I ask. She nods sadly, today was one of her comrade's funeral. I got the news that her platoon got ambushed while helping some victims that survived a bombing, only Jupiter and six other soldiers made it out alive.
During the twelve years of her being in the Military, there were moments where I wanted to tell her to call it quits. There were nights where I couldn't sleep because I didn't get letters, she couldn't talk and I panicked that at any moment I could lose her.

During those twelve years, she was harmed but survived. Especially after having MJ and Annie.
My lips touches hers, her arms around my neck.

I pull back, "how long are you staying?"

"I'm done, I don't think I can go anymore longer." She tells me, I just stare at her in utter shock. "Seriously?"

She nods, "I'm about to turn thirty already and the kids need me now, I have to stay here."

"Really, mommy? You're staying with us?" She nods, MJ claps his little hands. We named MJ after Mike, who passed away two years after join the Army, he was killed while trying to rescue some soldiers.
When we all met, Mike kept saying that if he ever had a kid that he wanted to name him Mike Jr. but unfortunately, he wasn't able to find someone to marry or be with nor have a kid.