Henry the Helper.

Chapter Twenty-Two.
»Morgan.

              Everyone starts cheering when I move the King to the left, checkmate. The guy frowns at me, I never played Chess before but it looks like I have and I've beaten this guy two times already.
       French's friends are actually nice, this one guy has been really nice to me and I don't even know his name.

   After the kiss from the bet I lost, I kicked him in the jewels for making me drop my ice cream.

   After him being in pain, we came to the party, his friends started talking to me and being nice. Even the girls he played with, they were nice to me and said that they have no feelings for a guy like him.
     Fran sits down next to me, French seems to be staring at her and follows every movement she does.

    I know I'm just a friend to him--thankfully the kiss doesn't mean anything to him, its for the best--he clearly likes Fran and they would make a great couple.
     The guy gives up by getting up, he throws me the ten dollars.

  "Nice doing work with you, mate." I say in a fake British accent, he grumbles a few words before smiling at me. I hand the ten dollars to French, "put that in my bank account."

    "You don't have a bank account." French interrupts me, I smack his thigh. "You don't have to say that out loud."

    His friends burst out laughing, I take the ten dollars back and tuck it in my back pocket. They all start complimenting me about being funny and having a great sense of humor, my cheeks turn red.
  I grab the red plastic cup next to me, I smell it and there is no alcohol scent so I drink some of it.

   I feel a hand on my hand, Fran smiles at me. "Can I talk to you alone?" She asks, quietly, I nod. We both get up and notice that Fran and French are eyeing each other, my heart has never ached this much. Fran and I go to this empty room that is full of books and papers, I don't know who lives here but they must love books.

      "Is there something wrong?"

   "No," she laughs, nervously, "it's just that..." She looks away, she looks ashamed for some reason and I think I know why. She likes French, who wouldn't? I said I would never like a guy like him but here I am, I like him so much that it hurts but I've been good at keeping my emotions under control so it won't be obvious that I do like him.

             "French." I say, she nods. "You like French, I know you do. I think he likes you too, its just that he's horrible at loving someone. Don't worry about me, if he's happy then I'm happy too."

My heart aches so much.

   My hand pats her arm, she smiles awkwardly at me, "I'm just his friend." I say.
   Sadly, I'm always going to be his friend.

   "Um... Thanks, I also want to warn you about Henry."

   Right, Henry. What would I do with a guy like him? He's been so attentive with me lately, he hated me since Freshman year and its always been a mutual-hate thing.
    I shake my head, "don't worry."

   The door opens, French comes in and I feel hatred but not towards French but towards myself because I kept telling myself to never like him, how stupid can I be? Especially, all because of that kiss. He took my first kiss a couple hours ago and here he is trying to be with Fran. I have to admit that French--Kitty Snatcher-- is an amazing player.
     "Did you tell her?" Fran nods, I fix my hair back. French steps closer to pat my head but I tilt my head to the opposite side so he wouldn't touch me, "don't worry, I'm not a little kid."

     "Are you mad?" I shake my head.

    "No, I'm not. I know what's right or wrong, I don't need to be warned about anything or anyone. If I hang out with Henry, that's because he's a cool person and that's all." I explain to both of them, I turn to French, "you know very well that I don't believe in falling in love, it's bullshit to me."