We're Not Alone

Chapter Fourteen.
»Morgan.

          Wiping my tears has been something I've been learning all over again in the past few days.

   French hugs me, my parents spoke to each other quietly. French thought it was a good idea for him to go with me to the funeral, it was helpful because I could lean on him whenever I felt bad.
     His parents were nice enough for letting him stay with me today, probably today I'll be able to sleep again.

      Tumble's family spoke about her and told stories, they even included me as part of her family; "grandma always spoke of a girl--my sweet Jupiter was what she called her, she told us the craziest things that girl did to make her feel better. One story that made me laugh so hard, even now is the story where Jupiter super glued a guy who went the restroom for pushing my grandma. My grandma couldn't even breathe because of Jupiter, if it was anyone in our family that would make my grandma that made--that would be Jupiter. Thank you for bringing the biggest smile to my grandma."

     I blink a couple of times to not start crying again, French keeps rubbing my bare arm. Another member said something about me; "I was so busy in work all the time ever since I was able to get a job, whenever I came from my job, I would hear my mom and my children laughing. At first, I never understood what was so funny until one day I decided to listen to the stories she was telling. She kept talking about a Jupiter, I was confused but my children acted like they knew her so well. After that, I noticed how much my mother spoke about her and thought about her. Jupiter, you were like a daughter to my mother than I ever was, honestly I hated you for that but now I see that only you brought happiness and hope to my mother. Thank you so much for being there for her."

  French and I go to the couch, my parents come in behind us. "Adam, I don't know if this much to ask but can you take care of MJ? I have to go back to the hospital and Judith has to go to the publishing company, we'll be gone for a couple of hours."

   "Its okay, Mr. Stanley, I'll stay with her. You two don't have to worry." I just lay my head on French's lap, staring at the fireplace. My parents say something but I don't listen, I think French does because he answers back.
       I start humming the song from Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Because she always sang that song to me.

     That song will only remind me the best times I had with Tumble and Boy, French just let's me lay my head on his lap. "Are you hungry?" I shake my head, he exaggerates a sigh.

    "Are you just going to lay?" I nod.

      "You can leave if you want, I can take care of myself." I tell him which makes him snort, I look up to see him looking down at me. "Not gonna happen." I sit up immediately, bring my knees up to my chest and wrapping my arms around them.
    I just keep staring at random things, a headache is developing.

   I massage my temples with my fingers, crying all day gave me a headache.

      "Your dad told me about you taking medication so I'll be back."

     "You know where it is?" I ask without looking at him, he shrugs. "In the kitchen, he told me. You just told me to get the ones with your name written on them."

    "I have three, I think it's for my ADHD." I cover my face because my face turns red of the embarrassment, now he knows that too. I burst out crying, what else do I tell him? That I'm use to it, I'm use to people pitying me and then making fun of me, I'm already stupid so why do I hit lower?
      I'm pathetic. Now he's gonna tell everyone, I bet. Why did I say that? How stupid am I?