Chapter 9

"My soul made love to your soul long before our bodies met."
—Anita Krizzan

9

It was the third day, the last day she would be with Vice. Hindi makapaniwala si Karylle that she would feel what she is feeling right now. Mamimiss niya nga si bakla.

She deeply appreciated him spending time with her kahit hanggang late night pa gayong alam naman niyang party animal ito and he loves killing his time sa mga bars and clubs.

And because of that, she wanted to surprise him or her or wherever state Vice is that she has accepted in her life. Gusto niya sanang mag-long drive papunta ng Tagaytay just to enjoy the scene there and do a little picnic with him and magkwentuhan ulit just like what they have been doing for the past two days because honestly, their kwentuhan sessions has put Karylle's anxiety to rest. Para bang it makes her calm down right through her soul. Yes he has that effect on her and it scares her a little.

But it scares him more. Halos hindi nakatulog si Vice since last night. When he brought her home last night halos ayaw niya ng iwan ito. It was only Karylle who told him that he should be heading home early dahil maaga silang aalis bukas for 'something'.

He wasn't really liking the emotions overflowing through his mind because the last time he felt this, it turned into a complete maelstrom and he never wanted to dare try put himself in the same situation again. But with Karylle, there are times that it's as if that hesistation has been non-existent except today.

"Lalalalala..." She was humming a happy tune. God really has sent angels over, she was actually excited for today. Then the doorbell rang.

"Good Mor... Ning." What seemed a happy tune turned into shock.

"O, bakit parang hindi ka naman natuwang makita ako?" Sagot ng isa.

"Uhm. Hindi, hindi. Na-shock lang ako, I thought bukas pa ang balik mo?"

"Done with everything I needed to do so I just decided to go back home, wala bang hug jan?" And she did hug him.

"Missed you B. How was Singapore?" She just said.

"Missed you too. Singapore was okay." He answered. "Were you expecting for Vice? I texted him kasi last night na ako na ang susundo sa'yo today so he could enjoy his last days here in Manila, sakto he will be attending a party daw later eh."

"Oh. I see." Billy could sense the disappointment in her voice.

"Why? Were you two planning on doing something today? Ano to? Daming food." He pointed at the sandwiches, bags of chips and drinks at the table.

"H-ha? Ah, ano sa mga bata yan. I woke up early today that's why I decided to make some snacks for them. Go get some. I'll just dress up, samahan mo ko sa shop ha?" She lied.

Vice wanted to be with her but he doesn't. He longs to be beside her again but he doesn't want to give in to that longing.

"Bakla ka diba. Diba dapat hindi mo to nararamdaman? Umayos ka naman Vice! Umayos ka, nakakaloka. My gosh." Inis na inis na sinasabi ni Vice. He was inside his room at Vhong's house, still wide awake dahil hindi pa siya natutulog.