Chapter 12

"We promise forever in a world where even life is temporary." -Anonymous

This update is for Loren Coja, isa sa mga kapatid niyo who was struck by sudden death. I don't know if she ever happen to have read my story but it doesn't matter. This one is still for her. Rest in peace.

12

The pain, it took hold of my being. I can feel my chest being ripped and torned, my heart physically broken. I knew this would happen. I knew I would see this again and it still hurts as much. All the memories in this room full of people, so overwhelming yet feels so empty.

Ako. Si Karylle, ang reyna ng mga di makamove on ayon sa pinsan kong si Anne.

But how could I move on if the only person I ever want to be with only belongs in the fragments of my past?

While staring at the whole space crowded with familiar faces ay napansin ni Vice kung saan nakapako ang paningin ni Karylle.

"Okay ka lang?" He went beside her and held her now trembling hand. Pansin niya sa mga mata nito ang lungkot na akala niya ay unti unti ng nawawala. When he stared back at the crowd ay napansin rin naman niya ang mangilan-ngilan na mapanghusgang titig na nakatuon kay Karylle. Then he knew why.

On one corner sits Dominic and Arrianne all smiles and laughing at the sweet coos their baby was making. A picture of a perfect and a happy family indeed. Dumako pa ang mga mata ni Dominic kay Karylle and gave her a smirk then gave his attention back to his own family.

Vice can feel the pain radiating through her whole being, he gave her hand a gentle squeeze to remind her that she has someone. She has him.

"Ngitian mo lang sila." He knew that was an unsolicited advice, but he was talking about the judgmental stares, it was already too much for Karylle.

"Thank you" she still managed to answer despite the crack in her voice.

"K."

Parang nanigas naman si Karylle sa kinatatayuan niya ng marinig ang pamilyar na boses na iyon. She knew this would happen, kaya nga siya nandito, para sa taong yun eh.

"Anak." Sabi ulit ni Ms. Z at sabay lapit kay Karylle na nanatili lang na nakatayo, her hands still locked with Vice. Out of respect ay sinubukang alisin ni Vice ang paghawak niya kay Karylle but she refused to let go. She is weak, and she knows na kung walang tao sa tabi niya ngayon ay malamang kanina pa siya nag collapse.

"Thank you for coming! I am so happy today, anak. Kumpleto na ang birthday ko." Maluha-luhang sabi ni Ms. Z. When she hugged Karylle that's the time she finally let go of Vice's hand. As much as she hates to admit it, she missed this hug. She really did.

"M-mauna po muna ako, I'll just go sit with Anne and Vhong over there, K. Happy birthday po Ms. Z." Matamis na ngiti ang sinagot ni Ms. Zsa zsa kay Vice.

"Happy birthday, Ma." Karylle finally said to break the silence. You can feel the excitement in her mom nung niyakap siya nito dahil ilang birthdays na rin niya ang pinalipas ni Karylle before this.