Spécial

I woke up, I heard voices, whispers and crying. 

Are they mad?

Are they fighting?

Was it because of me?

"Joshua, breakfast ka na bibi." I heard my yaya said.

"Where's Daddy?" I rubbed my eyes to adjust from the light.

"Ahm. Ah. Natutulog pa kasi sila bibi." I know she was lying. She's always lying.

As I was eating my breakfast I just decided that I wanted to cry. I miss my Daddy but I miss my Mommy the most.

"Bibi why are you crying?" My yaya asked me again.

"I don't like cereals!"

"Okay sige, what do you want? Papalitan ko, wag ka ng umiyak, bibi."

I don't know what I want. I only want my Mommy. I only want my Daddy.

"I want my Mama Annie!" I whined harder. I know Daddy said no whining but...

"Okay. Okay I will call Mama ha? Wag ka na mag cry cry jan. Big boy ka na kaya!"

I just cried. I don't know what I want anymore.

I was looking at our garden and I saw the birds flying around as if they were playing. I wish I could go outside and play with them too. Pero ang bilis nila eh, they flew up there in the sky... malapit kaya yun sa heaven?

I wanna go there.

Sabi kasi ni Daddy, I have a big sister in heaven. He told me that they never saw her but mom and dad still loves her and he said that Ate loves us too especially me. She has a special room that we go to on her birthdays, I wanna go there.

Kaya niya kaya abutin yung birds from where she is? Nagkita na kaya sila?

"Baby Joshy... why did you call?" I heard Mama Anne on the other line. My eyes watered more.

"Mama." That's all I could say before I cried again.

"Why are you crying? What happened? Where's mommy and daddy?" She asked me.

"They're fighting."

"They're what?"

"Fighting."

"I'm sure they're not. But, okay, what do you want Mama to do?"

"Come here please. I want Kuya Alfonso."

"Okay, give the phone back to yaya."

All I could hear was "opo, opo." From Yaya then she gave me the phone again.

"Mama will fetch you okay? Don't tell Daddy or Mommy. I'm on my way, just stay with yaya and eat your breakfast."

I did eat my breakfast and then it didn't take long for Mama Annie to be here.

"Ma'am baka pagalitan ho ako ni Ser."

"Hayaan mo Yaya, pagagalitan ko rin sila." Yun lang sinabi ni Mama and then we left.