CHAPTER 3

Few days later...

Robin's POV

It was the day, Friday. Today Batman was supposed to come. I was a little nervous, because he wanted to check my progress as a hero in Jump City. Titans and me have prepared everything for his visit. Everyone wanted to meet him. He is a member of the Justice League, group of the mightiest heroes on earth! My friends were very excited, especially Beast Boy, because he was a big fan of this team. We were in the living room when suddenly alarm rang.

"Cy, what's going on?" I asked.

"It's H.I.V.E Five! They're robbing the Bank!" Cyborg answered.

"We have to go!"

"But... what about Batman? We were supposed to wait in the tower!" Beast Boy shouted.

"Batman can wait. Titans, GO!"

Starfire, and Raven immediately flew to the Bank, I got my Bike and drove just behind them, Beast Boy changed himself into a cheetah, then Cyborg got T– Car and they followed us. We got to the Bank in a few minutes. H.I.V.E. Five was still there.

"Oh! Welcome Titans! We've been waiting for you!"  Gizmo exclaimed with ironic smile.

"Give up Gizmo! Or Teen Titans will show you where's your place!" I shouted shooting my birdarang just in front of him.

"Never! This time I'll be a winner! Let me show you my backup!" Then we noticed some kind of small army of robots coming from a sewer.

"Okay! This is the plan. Beast Boy, Raven and Cyborg, don't let the H.I.V.E. escape! Me and Starfire take care of these robots! Titans, GO!"

During the fight I noticed that these robots are more powerful than I expected. I have underestimated my enemy.

"Starfire! Make the rain of starbolts!"

I was trying to fight them, but they were programmed to know all of our moves and simultaneously learning new ones. Suddenly I heard that one of them shocked Star with a electric gun. She was falling on the ground.

"Starfire, no!" I used my grappling hook and caught her.

"Star, are you ok?" I asked. She was unconscious. I had to fight alone against this army. The rest of the Titans couldn't help me, because they were too busy with stopping H.I.V.E. A few of  the robots attacked them too. I had to protect Star. She was slowly waking up, but still couldn't move. It was bad situation. We were just about to lose this, but then the Batmobil drove in the middle of a fight. Everyone, including H.I.V.E. and robots froze and stare at the car.

"Is that... Bat – Bat – Bat – Bat - Batman!?" Gizmo became pale and scared. Then Batmobil attacked Gizmo's army of robots.

Cyborg's POV

"It's Batmobil! But if this car is here... Where is..."  Then I gasped when I saw Batman jumping from the dark alley.

"I go them."  He said. "Go and help Robin with the other ones."

"Yes sir!" Beast Boy shouted.

We just heard some trembles with fear and after a few moments all H.I.V.E. was chained. Batarangs were everywhere, and with Batman's help we beat all of Gizmo's robots. I saw Robin helping Star to stand up, and Batmobil hiding his weapons. The Dark Knight jumped into his car and said

"I'll be waiting in the Tower." And then he disappeared.

"That was awesome!" I said with admiration. "I've never saw something like this! He beat them much faster than we ever did!" I said.

"Dude! C'mon, let's go back to the tower! Batman is waiting for us!" BB shouted.

"Yeah, calm down." Raven said with a little smile.

Robin's POV

We won... But I knew that look on Bruce's face. I screwed up badly. I was too confident. It's my responsibility as a leader to always double check the situation before rushing in. We almost lost and God knows what would've happened if it wasn't for Bruce.

Suddenly I noticed that Starfire woke up.

"Hey, Star! Are you okay?" I asked worried.

"Yes, I am fine. Thank you." She said tiredly.

"Let's go back home."

"Are we victorious?"

"Yes, Batman helped us." I said and then we went back to the tower. When we got there, I walked Star to her room, so she could get some rest. Meanwhile Bruce was talking with titans in the living room. Immediately when I went inside the room he greeted me:

"Hello Robin. Can we talk face to face? I have something to tell you." 

Yeah, this 'welcome' definitely meant only one thing.

"Yeah, sure." I was happy to see him but also knew that I failed today. We went on the roof and started to talk.

"You know how stupid it was, right?" He asked uncomfortably calm.

"Yeah... I'm sorry." I said ashamed.

"You were too confident and reckless. This is the first step to death."

"I just... made a mistake. I didn't know about these robots."

"I'm sure that you could handle this, but for what cost?"

"It won't happen again."

"Everyone makes mistakes, even members of the Justice League. But the most important is to learn on ours faults, to prevent it from ever happening again. You're the leader. You have a great responsibility."

"I know..." My face became serious.

"Anyway... It's good to see you Dick." He smiled and after a while asked "How's she?"

"She's just a little tired." I blushed mentioning about Star.

"That's good."

We were talking for about 2 hours about everything what happened to us after me leaving Gotham. I was really happy to see him again. He is for me like a father.