CHAPTER 4

Starfire's POV

I woke up at midnight screaming and quickly looked around. I was really scared but also worried that I might've woken up someone. Suddenly the door opened and Robin ran into my room.

"Star, are you alright? What's going on?" He asked worried. He was worried since the beginning. I can always count on Robin, whether I have a problem with Earth's culture, or something so simple as a bad dream. 

"I am fine, it was just a really bad dream." I said still a little scared. I can see that expression under his mask. He's still taking this seriously. That's so like him. That's why I love him.

"You mean, like a nightmare?"

"Exactly! I am so sorry I woke you up." I felt a little guilty that I interrupted his sleep. He's always training so hard... And all of his everlasting patrolls... He must be exhausted right now. Robin barely gets any rest lately.

"It doesn't matter; I didn't sleep anyway. Maybe... you want to talk about your dream?" He smiled. But he also lied. I can see how tired he is. Then again... I just need someone beside me right now.

"If you wish to listen, then sure." He sat beside me on my bed. I was really happy that he would stay and talk with me.

"So... What did you dream about?"

"About you Robin..." I confessed sadly. I noticed that he blushed more than ever before.

"M – Me?" 

"Yes... But it was not about something nice... In my dream... you killed our friends. I was looking for you and when I found you... you told me that you are on Slade's side now." When I remembered this, tears began to spring into my eyes again. It was terrifying to even think of. I couldn't stop crying. It was stronger me. But... He is with me now, so I do not have to fear.

"Star..." He said softly, grabbed my hand and I continued.

"You also said... that you hate me, and you always did. I could not do anything, I was numbed with fear and then you... you killed me too." I was crying much more than a few moments ago. Then Robin hugged me and said...

"Star, it was just a dream. I would never do that. You're my best friend and all I have! I'll always protect you. I would die than hurt you... I'll be always with you, no matter what. I promise you."

He always knew how to help me. Somehow I feel bonded with him more than with anyone else.

"I know Robin... you are my hero, and always will be." I felt much better with him beside me.

"You deserve everything that's best and to be happy, not sad." That was the sweetest thing I've ever heard. 

"It is nice of you to try to cheer me up." I said and slowly stopped crying.

Robin's POV

I was trying to comfort her. After a few minutes I could saw her smiling again. I was going to leave her room, because she still looked very tired and for sure wanted to get back to sleep.

"Are you okay Star?" I wanted to be sure. I wouldn't forgive myself if something bad happened to her.

"I am now." She whispered.

"Well, I should wish you to sleep well and..." She cut me off.

"Robin?" Her tone... It's characteristical. And I think I know what it means.

"Yes?" 

"Can you stay with me? Just for this one night." She said laying her head on my chest. I wanted to say yes as quickly as it was possible, but I can't. Her presence is overwhelming, but I have my duties. I can't allow myself for something like this.

"Star, I don't know if I should.... I'm the leader of the Titans. I shouldn't... Y'know..." My heart rate started raising. I really wanted to but then... What would the team think? I mean... I can't. I'm their leader.

"Please, I do not wish to remain alone. Just for this one night... please Robin..." I couldn't refuse to her pleading eyes and the fact that she was so scared right now. I simply... couldn't. My affection to her won once again.

"Okay, alright. I'll stay, I promise." A cheerful smile suddenly appeared on her face. It was really all I needed to see.

"Thank you Robin, thank you for being here with me." Her soft and sweet voice hyponotized me. There was no coming back.

I laid down really close to Star, embraced her talia and she grabbed my hand.

"Good night Robin." She whispered and immediately fell asleep.

"Good night Star." I replied. After a moment, despite the fact I knew that she's already asleep, I said:

"I love you Starfire, and always will."

Beast Boy's POV

Me and Cy came up with the best idea! We installed two cameras in Robin's and Starfire's rooms to spy on them. I'm wondering if something happened. Last night I heard noises, something like conversation.

I went to Cyborg's room and knocked.

"Hey Cy! Open the doors! It's me, Beast Boy!" I turned into a Bear and almost ripped out his doors.

"Come in dude! You won't believe!" Cy's excited. That's gotta mean he captured something.

"What's that? What about cameras?" I asked unpatiently.

"Just take a look BB, it's on live!"

I looked at the monitor and couldn't believe what I just saw.

"Is that...?"

"Yes..."

"And he is..."

"Yes."

"In the same...!?"

"Yes!"

"Dude! Did they kisslast night?" I asked dying with curiosity.

"Not yet, they were just talking. Although there were some weird interferences, no idea why."

"What did they talk about?"

"I don't know. I couldn't install microphone."

"Well, does that mean that they're not a couple... yet?"

"I don't know"

Then we saw that Robin and Starfire went to the kitchen to eat breakfast. Suddenly both cameras turned off.

"What's happened Cy?" I was angry that we lost the signal.

"I don't know, I checked them before installing." Yeah right. I bet Cyborg kept all the best footage for himself. He knows something for sure.

Then I noticed that Batman is just behind us. I don't know how long he was in here.

"What're you two doing here?" He asked seriously.

"We're just..." I couldn't say anything. I was too nervous.

"Yeah, we were just surfing... in the Internet." Cy added.

"Very well." Bruce said.

"Uff..." I sighed with a bit of relief.

"Oh, I nearly forgot! Are those your cameras? Next time hide them better."

"But... how?" Cy asked surprised.

"Don't worry, I won't tell Robin, but only if you delete every video captured to this moment. Do we have a deal?"

"Yes sir!" I saluted

"Good, let's go eat breakfast."