CHAPTER 5

Batman's POV

I went to the kitchen and made some coffee. I noticed that Robin and Starfire were eating breakfast in the living room. They were all alone in there so I decided to don't disturb. I rarely see Robin so happy. I was wondering if something special is between him and his friend. Then I heard some footsteps. It was Raven.

"Good morning." I greeted her.

"Good morning." She replied.

I was still thinking about Robin's relationship with Starfire when I suddenly heard grim voice saying...

"Yes." I looked behind and saw Raven reading her book and eating cornflakes.

"Excuse me?" I asked surprised.

"Yes, he feels something to her." She replied still reading her book. Part empath, part telepath. Interesting. 

"Well... Books aren't the only thing you can read." 

"Usually I'm trying to don't do this. But you and Robin for sure have one thing in common."

"What's that?" I asked with curiosity.

"You always think so loud." That's the part of being a detective. At least not when there's a martian or any other kind of telepath around.

"I'm impressed of your skills." Maybe I can update my file on her. She seems to be more powerful than she looks.

"Yeah... Thanks. Gotta go." Well, next time then. I think I underestimated this group. I should investigate further.

After a while I noticed that the alien went back to her room so I went to Robin.

"Oh, hey Bruce!" he said with a big smile on his face. He was clearly happy with her around.

"Hello." 

"What're we gonna do today?" Robin is still a leader of this group. He needs to be 100 % focused. He's now responsible for their lives. 

"I was thinking about a fight... training, you know, like old times." I must test him. He deserves to be happy but it can't interrupt him in his duties.

"Is it the challenge?" He asked.

"Something like that."

"Better start preparing, I'm much better than I was in Gotham!"

"We'll see about that. Just don't cry when you lose again."

"Oh! Now it's on!" He yelled.

We immediately went to the training room.

"Just tell me when you're ready." I said with sarcasm.

"Let's fight!" He shouted and ran on me. I was avoiding his attacks for a while, then grabbed his leg and threw him to the ground.

"It's just too easy" I shouted.

"Oh really?" He replied.

Suddenly he started attacking me much faster than before so I fought him back. He was so close to knock me down but I avoided him in the last moment.

"Are you tired?" I asked with sarcasm. He needed a boost. I want to see his full potential.

"Less talking, more fighting!" He's confident. Too confident.

He was pretty good; I was proud of him. At last I let him knock me down. I wanted to give him a lesson.

"Do you have something to say? I told you that I'm better than ever before!" Robin said confident that he won. Then I used my special weapon.