Prologue

[ January 11th, Monday 2016 ]

~ Camila's Pov. ~

Today is the day, a very nerve racking day of my life. Today I will be attending my first day of school here in Calabasas, California. My family moved from Miami, so here I have to to start over, make new friends. My parents decided to move our family out here since they believe that  California is a better location for their company by allowing more broad business opportunities. They've started grabbing a lot of attention from their company, so they needed to live somewhere where they have  closer connections to the other business related people. Miami has a few but not as much as California. Mainly Los Angeles has a big world of people, a more diverse community. 

They also believe Los Angeles will help my little sister, Sofia and I grow to have these amazing careers and career opportunities as well. One day I want work within the music industry, hopefully writing my own songs and singing soul out. I have a year before I have to start making important decisions for my reality, my future career. This is my second semester of high school as a Junior, then next year I'll be a senior and  pretty soon I'll be 17 years old. While Sofia is in the 5th grade and will starting middle school next year.

"You girls have a wonderful first day!" My dad shouts to us with excitement and hope sprouting through his voice. "Make plenty of new friends, this is your new world." 

My dad told us that as Sofia and I got ready to leave the house for school.

"And stay away from the bad kids. Camila, especially watch out for this Lauren girl we heard about," My mother sternly states, being the concerned mother she always is. My eyebrow raised as my mind was curious of this Lauren character. 

"Who's Lauren?" I ask. 

"She's this girl who hangs around the school just slacking off. Everyone in the neighborhood seems to knows who she is from her loud actions and reputation. They say she smokes weed, does many drugs, drinks, parties, sleeps around, does gang stuff, fights, and a lot of illegal stuff. She's just absolutely bad news and the ringleader to a whole crew, so make sure you stay away. She is such a poor excuse for a lady and I just cannot believe her parents let her get away with this stuff."

"How do I know who she is, or what her 'crew' looks like?"

"You'll know who they are, once you see them. I'm sure someone at school will be kind enough to warn you about her or guide you in opposite direction." As I take in the new information the moment becomes quiet, but shortly my dad interrupts that. 

"Well okay girls, let's go! Don't want to start off the first day late and give off a bad impression."

Him breaking the silence after my mothers words spat like venom. Maybe Lauren is venomous to those around her and this community of people. 

"Okay, see you later mom, love you." I say giving her a kiss on the cheek. She returns the affection to me then spreads it to Sofia who hasn't said much this morning, she must be nervous for her new life to begin. 

"I love you guys have a good day."

After the goodbyes, we headed outside with my dad, getting into his car. About seven minutes of driving, he pulled up in front of the school which was enormous. There are loads of students hanging around the school who wore their clothes in this style that screamed happiness and creativity. You could tell these students had rich families based on the expensive accessories they wear or the brand named backpacks that clung to their backs like it was nothing. Some people are wearing simple clothes, while most are decided to go all out. 

When I got out the car, after saying bye to Sofia and my father, I walked straight to the office so I could get my schedule and my locker number. I told the front desk lady that I needed my schedule since I'm new here. She welcomed me with a nice warm smile and gave me all the informative papers I needed to find my way around the school and learn some sort of knowledge about the school. She told me that she had a student coming to help me who is very sweet and friendly. Within a few minutes a short girl with light brown hair and a giant smile came to my side.