Chapter Four: Cover It Up

- The Next Day -

[ January 14th, Wednesday ]

~ Camila's Pov. ~

I walked back into my room with a towel wrapped around my naked body while my wet hair was dangling down freely. When I got back to my room, I put on a bra and some underwear, along with some spandex shorts since I was gonna wear a skirt today. I had a black skirt and a denim flannel jacket that was tucked into my skirt. I had a black bow in my hair, which I put in after I dried my hair. Once I was done getting ready for school I headed downstairs to talk my mom into possibly going to a donut shop for breakfast.

Alejandro: Good morning Camila.

Camila: Morning dad! Morning mommy!

Sinuhe: How are feeling today?

Camila: I'm feeling wonderful.

Sinuhe: Why are you so happy?

Camila: I woke up on the right side of the bed.

Sinuhe: Does it have to do with Jackson?

Camila: No, I haven't talked to him since Monday night.

Sinuhe: Or really? Why is that?

Camila: I don't know, we just didn't talk all day yesterday.

Sinuhe: Everything alright between you two?

Camila: Yea, it's just distance you know. We were used to seeing each other everyday, and now we just don't. We never had to text each other this much to get where we were. It's kind of strange.

Sinuhe: I'm sure you guys would work it out. Every relationships have challenges and if it's mean't to be you guys will get passed those challenges and be the beautiful couple that you guys are. I'm sure you guys will be fine.

Camila: Yea....well I'm gonna head out or I'm gonna be late to school.

Sinuhe: Have a good day.

Camila: You too.

I say, giving my mom and a hug goodbye, then heading over to the couch in the living room, grabbing my bag, and heading off to school. I walked to school with my earphones in, entering my own concentrated headspace. I hummed along to the songs, but stopped when I arrived at the front steps of the school, taking them out. I went straight to my locker, getting my Chemistry textbook. I then headed to my chemistry class. When I arrived I saw Mani, and Dinah chatting at our usual table.

Normani: Hey Camila.

Camila: Hey.

I say taking my seat.

Normani: Where did you run off to yesterday?

Camila: What you mean?

Dinah: We were gonna meet up after school yesterday remember?

Camila: Oh shoot, I forget, I'm sorry it totally slipped my mind.

Dinah: It's fine, what you get up to?

Camila: I just went home and spent time with my little sister and mom.

I lied to them. Only for the reasoning of knowing how they feel about Lauren and I didn't want them to get upset with me being friendly with her. They were my only friends here and I didn't need to lose them. Maybe this will be a later discussion.

Normani: That's totally fine, family is important.

Camila: Yea, sorry about that again.

Dinah: I told Mani and Ally about your little Jackson fellow.