Chapter Eight: I Guess

[ Still January 19th, Monday ]

~ Camila's Pov. ~

Lauren: Did you have fun?

Camila: Yea, we should hangout more.

Lauren: I thought mommy and daddy do not want you hanging around me.

Camila: I mean like, they don't have to know. It wont hurt anybody, right?

Lauren: Camila freaking Cabello is gonna sneak behind her parents back? Oh wow, she's changing already within knowing me for a short period of time.

Camila: Do you not want me to?

Lauren: I didn't say that, I just didn't think you would rebel at any point of time.

Camila: It's not rebelling.

Lauren: Yes it is.

Camila: I don't like to think of it as that.

Lauren: Of course. Think of it however you want.

Camila: And you think of it however you want too.

Lauren: I like how you think.

Camila: Uh, thanks.

I say as I get my bag out of Lauren's car then close the door. I meet with her at the front of her car where she was watching me carefully.

Camila: Hey Lauren.

I say stopping my steps and turning around to face her.

Lauren: Yeah?

Camila: Is it true that you're..that you're lesbian?

Lauren: I'm bisexual. Problem?

Camila:.....No...I guess.

I say softly then I turn my attention to my ground, not sure what to think. Lauren was different in so many ways. Everyone was different here in California, while Miami everyone carried around the same attitude. They weren't as diverse as people in California, and I was always told this was wrong, but there is no negative to this.

Lauren: What's wrong?

Camila: Nothing.

Lauren: Are you homophobic or some shit?

Camila: No, well I don't know what to think on the topic. My parents tell me it's wrong, but there isn't anything negative about it other than two girls or two guys cannot conceive a child to start a family.

Lauren: Well I think that is beautiful.

Camila: How so?

Lauren: Because it proves that you don't need to be genetically connected to someone to have the concept love. Love is everything, and people struggle to find the definition of love for many years and like to keep love in a box, but love is everything. Not just a box. Do you get what I mean?

Camila: Yea.

Lauren: It's like having a step parent. They'll show you love because they built a beautiful bond with you like you were always their own. That's awesome how this bond could create so much more love.

Camila: Mhmmm.

Lauren: Have you never thought deep about these things before?

Camila: No, everyone thinks it's better to keep your feelings to yourself and act like a tough cookie.

Lauren: There is a rare amount of people in California who are like that, but they learn and discover. Maybe you will too some day.

Camila: What? I'm not like that.

Lauren: Not in a tough cookie way, but you definitely have walls up for multiple purposes.

Camila: What do you mean?

Lauren: You don't know who you are because you believe in only the opinions of your parents. You aren't very sure on doing things on your own and don't have confidence in your own beliefs. Trust me I read through everyone like a book and I usually right about people.

Camila: I think I'm pretty much myself.

Lauren: I have a sense who Camila Cabello really is. Trust me there is another identity knocking at the door.

She says leaning against her car with her arms folded and looking at me. I looked her in her eyes which were piercing back at me hard, so I had to look away.

Lauren: We should play a game to get to know each other better.

Camila: What game?

Lauren: It's called secret of the week. The rule is you must share a secret every week and the other person has to tell you a secret as well. The secret doesn't have to be too dark, it can be simple. As long as you share something I don't know about you and I share something you don't know about me. No one gets to question your secret or comment on it.

Camila: Okay, you start first.

Lauren: Um, I started having sex at the age of 13 and I am high key an sex addict.

Camila: Well....my first name isn't Camila. It's Karla and Camila is my middle name.

Lauren: There she is.

Eventually our hangout comes to an end and of course sealed with another hug. I feel I have defiantly haven't met the Lauren everyone is talking about. She admitted there is a darkness to her but doesn't want me to see that one side of her. She's interesting with so much layers to her personality.

Sinuhue: How was school?

Camila: It was good, I didn't have any trouble today.

Sinuhue: That's good honey. Today I made plans with Juliet for her to come out with Jackson for a few days, so that you guys can see each other.

Juliet was the mother of Jackson and Jackson was my boyfriend. Our parents set us up and suggest that we should go on a date and after that we got pretty close with one another. We never kissed, or held hands since we weren't aloud, so our relationship is mostly without affection. It was just talking, no temptations or desires.

Camila: When are they coming?

Sinuhue: Maybe in a week or two.

Camila: Okay.

Sinuhue: Are you excited?

Camila: Yea, I guess.

Sinuhue: Everything between you and Jackson good?

Camila: Yea, we're fine. Nothing has changed.

Sinuhue: That's good. I'm happy you have someone like Jackson for you. It's unfortunate there is distance, but I'm sure you guys will work it out.