Chapter Nine: You Better Keep Up

[ January 20th, Tuesday ]

- Lunch -

~ Camila's Pov. ~

Today I have to sit alone at lunch. Dinah, Ally, and Mani haven't been talking to me because of the whole friendship with Lauren I've been holding. I think it's ridiculous, but I cannot control how they feel about a great friendship I have with someone. I hope they come around a realize that I never would mix Lauren and them together because I know they had some past crisis. They cannot blame me for not understanding if they don't explain the story to me. I understand that it's too personal that they cannot explain, but you can't blame me for things I wasn't apart of. In a way I'm glad I don't know the crisis because I have a point of view where I see the good in everyone, not the bad. For that I cannot give hate to anyone. I learned that just because others don't see what you see in someone it shouldn't change your point of view of them.

Since Ally, Mani, and Dinah don't want to have lunch with me my next option was Lauren and her crew, but they weren't present on the day I mostly wanted their attention. My next option was to sit all alone or make some new friends, which I was way too awkward to do so, so sitting alone is my only option. I decided to sit in the library since no one was probably there and it would be peacefully quiet in there.

When went inside the library there was no one there, but the librarian who was organizing the bookshelves. I read a book for about 20 minutes before I decided to leave and just walk around the school. I admired the school in a way I have never done before and noticed people that I never clearly recognize on a daily basis even though I pass by them everyday. As I was walking by I happened to stumble across the doors that lead to Lauren's and her crew hangout area. I stood there for a moment then decided to head up there, to just chill on my own.

Lauren was there, with Lucy. Lucy didn't seem exactly excited about her conversation that was going on with Lauren. Lauren had her usual chill face on. They were best friends so I am sure that things are perfectly fine. Best friends have these upsetting moments, but at the end of the day they love each other.

Lauren: Camila's here.

Lucy: We'll talk later then. Bye.

Lauren: Adios.

Lucy then exits, leaving Lauren and I alone.

Lauren: What's up chica?

Camila: I thought you weren't here today. I thought I was all alone.

Lauren: What about Ally, Normani, and Dinah?

Camila: We had a little discussion and they decided that they didn't want to talk to me until I made some sort of decision.

Lauren: Why?

Camila: Because I talk to you.

Lauren: Well that's fucked.

Camila: Yep.

Lauren: Luckily I'm here right.

Camila: Yea. I was walking around alone.

Lauren: I got here like 10 minutes ago with Lucy.

Camila: Everything between you and Lucy good?

Lauren: Yea, she just wanted some advice about some personal stuff.

Camila: Okay.

It then goes silent between us. I was on the leaning on the wall looking over to the schools field while Lauren was closely beside me looking the other way.

Lauren: Hey, look at me.

I look at her as she said to do so. In that moment she grabs my face grabbing it, too quickly for me to process, but enough to understand she was kissing me. Kissing her wasn't like fireworks, I didn't feel the stars align, I didn't feel a fairytale feeling. When I kissed her it felt like jumping in a pool, on a hot summers day, it felt like coming up for air, it felt like pieces of me just fell into place. When I kissed her back, I tasted the energy drink she probably had a little bit ago. I barely known her for long, but this is the feeling I'm getting.

Lauren: The sad truth is so many people are in love and not together and so many people are together and not in love.

Camila: What? What does that have to do with anything?

Lauren: You have a boyfriend back home don't you. Jackson is it?

Camila: Yea, that's him.

Lauren: Have you ever kissed a girl before?

Camila: No.

Lauren: Was it as horrible as they say? Did it feel wrong?

Camila: No.

Lauren: Good.

She then smirks, looking at me in the eye and I look into her eyes. They were so mesmerizing that I didn't understand. Why? Why was everything so perfect for her? Like this was all made out for her?

Lauren: Don't get lost.

Camila: Sorry, they're are really pretty.

Lauren: Thanks. How was your first kiss?

Camila: This is not my first kiss.

Lauren: Oh who have you kissed?

Camila: Jackson

Lauren: Oh you've guys been sneaking behind your parents backs.

Camila: Maybe.

Lauren: Rebel girl, I love it.

Camila: I hate when you call me that.

Lauren: Oh well, but let me rephrase this. How was your first kiss with a girl?

Camila: It's the same. Same body part, just attached to a different person. A whole different persona.

Lauren: Is it as bad as your parents been telling you?

Camila: No, it's not bad at all.

We were still in our position. My arms wrapped tightly wrapped around her shoulders and her on my lower waist. Our hold was tight on each other, as if our bodies where conjoined as one.

Lauren: Can I kiss you again?

I thought for a few long seconds and hesitated in my answer.

Camila: Yes.

With that another kiss was shared.

'The sad truth is so many people are in love and not together and so many people together and not in love.' What is she trying to say?