Chapter Thirteen: Stumbled

[ February 27th, Thursday ]

- Two Weeks later -

~ Camila's Pov. ~

Sinuhe: Camila! Come here now!

I stop washing the dishes and head over to the living room where my mom was calling me from. When I became aware of the situation going on here, I knew she wanted to have a serious talk to me.

Camila: Yea?

Sinuhe: Are you friends with Lauren Jauregui?

Oh no.

Camila: No. Why would you think that?

Sinuhe: Because I jus looked at your phone and saw you had a text message from her. Then I see more text message that happen for more than one day. Going through the messages more I find that there is a discussion of kissing one another. What the hell is this Camila?

Camila: It's nothing.

Sinuhe: No Camila! You don't get to sit here and say it's nothing when your father and I told you stay far away from this girl. She's horrible excuse of a lady and now she has gotten you kissing girls and lying to your own mother.

Camila: Mama it isn't that bad. Lauren isn't a bad person like you think. She's nice to me and she isn't making me lie. I did that on my own terms, that has nothing to do with Lauren.

Sinuhe: What happened to Michael? What is this Camila? I don't understand how things went so wrong.

Camila: Michael and I broke up when they first arrived here. He already knows about Lauren and I. He said that everything is fine to break up since it wasn't like an actual relationship with you, papa, and his parents breaking down our spines! Yes maybe I do like girls, I don't know. Lauren is the first girl that I have ever liked. What's so bad about that?

Sinuhe: Whatever went so bad with Michael, he was perfect for you.

Camila: That's what you believed, but really Michael and I couldn't really get to know each other with these rules and having watch dogs breathing down our backs. When we finally did ignore your rules for a while, we realized the feelings weren't really there at all. I can't be with some boy because you want us to be together. I had to break up with him for myself.

Sinuhe: Camila you cannot be with Lauren.

Camila: Why because she's a girl or for who is is?

Sinuhe: For who she is? She is a absolutely bad person who I do not want anywhere near my daughter anymore.

Camila: Mom you don't even know her!

Sinuhe: I don't need to know her. I trust our community that tries to look out for us. You're breaking rules Camila, and I don't like her influence already.

Camila: They don't know her either.

Sinuhe: How do you know?

Camila: Because the Lauren I hangout with is not the devil. She may have her different opinions and passions, but she still has a heart at the end of the day. It's like having any other friendship.