Sugar (Chapter 1)~Someone's Sleepy

Song: Echosmith + Melanie Martinez - Cool Kids Play Tag (Mashup) by PrettyLittleMashups.

ok so i edited most of this then it didn't save so (: i'm happy.

Vylad's POV

"Vylad! Wake up!" Zane calls from the kitchen.

I lift my head from the pillow and look around. Well, that was the last night at home, I guess. 

"Hey, Baby Brother." Garroth peaks his head through the door. 

I give him a soft smile, some hair falling over my eyes. Garroth chuckles, then leaves, closing the door behind him. I grab my bookbag off the ground and trudge into the bathroom. I quickly spiff myself up, rushing downstairs as soon as I'm done. 

"Hey, Mom!" I greet cheerfully as I set my bag down at the door. I make my way into the kitchen, 

"Oh! My little pea!" Mom exclaims. She engulfs me in a hug. 

"Where's Father?" Garroth asks from behind me.

"He's still asleep, GarGar." Mom informs. 

"Still sleeping?" Zane, Garroth and I ask in unison, in denial that he'd decide to sleep in when his kids are setting off to college. 

Mom notices our disappointment, "Pea, GarGar, ZuuZuu... He was up late last night." She tries to smooth things out. 

"I can only imagine what he was doing." Garroth mutters, crossing his arms. 

"Garroth Andrew Ro'Meave!" Mother snaps, "Do not speak of your father like that!" Mom scolds the blonde. 

Garroth scowls, then storms off to the restroom. I follow him, "Are you ok?" I ask, walking into the room. 

He's looking at himself in the mirror, his hands pasted to the counter surrounding the sink. Garroth messes with his quiffed hair, moving it to the side. 

"Does it look like I'm ok?" Garroth snarls, clearly upset. 

"Are you upset about dad?" I assume, trying to have the softest voice possible. 

"Of course I am! Whenever something important is going on, he either doesn't show up, or decides to sleep in and miss it!" Garroth works himself up. 

"Calm down.. You're getting yourself worked up, and we know what happens when you get really.. Really angry." I say. Garroth takes a breath, trying to calm himself down, I wrap my arms around him from behind, "We look like a couple." I smirk. 

"We do." Garroth grins. 

Both of us start to laugh a bit, then I release. I have Garroth face me, "Forget about what father does... It's our day and nothing should stop us." I smile. 

Garroth cracks a smile as well, "You're right." Garroth says. 

He and I glance at each other, then the door. Both of us walk out. After we eat breakfast and everything, Mother has us packing the rest of our stuff into the car. Of course, Father hasn't woken up yet. This always happens... On special events he would never show up, or purposely sleep in and decide to not get out of bed. Don't know why... But it always seems to happen. Zane, Garroth, Mother and I all pile into the car. Garroth is in the passengers seat and Mother's driving with Zane and I in the back. Our bags are in the trunk. 

"Awh, all my little boys are growing up!" Mom gushes. 

I smack my lips, "Girl, we won't be gone forever." I put a valley-girl ring to my voice. 

Mom chuckles, Garroth stifling a laugh. Zane just digs his earbuds farther into his ears, blasting his music louder. After some friendly and silly conversations, we arrive at the college.

"This is it... My boys are all off to college." Mom smiles as she looks at campus. 

A look of achievement is painted onto her face. Mother turns around, facing Zane and I. Zane stuffs his phone and earbuds into his pockets, music completely turned off. 

"Boys, get your stuff, then we'll say our goodbyes." Mom commands in a soft and caring tone. Garroth, Zane and I all get out of the car, getting our single bookbags. 

The rest of our stuff was transferred here yesterday. The three of us set our bags down on the pavement, then our mom comes out and looks at the three of us. 

Tears glisten in her eyes, "You all have grown up so much... And I'm so outlandishly proud of each and every one of you." Mom smiles, a tear falling from her eye. 

She hugs the three of us together, then individually, "Bye, Mummy!" Garroth exclaims as she gets into the car. 

"Bye, Mom." Zane and I say in unison. 

She waves at us one last time, then drives off. My brothers and I all turn to look at the campus. Garroth throws his arms around Zane and my shoulder.

 Garroth throws his arms around Zane and my shoulder

"We've done it boys, we're in college." Garroth says, a wide smile on his face. 

"I guess we are..." I trail off, memories of the past school years running through my head. Zane sighs.

We're really in college..

Aren't we?

****

A/N: For those that read this before it was edited, sorry for the typos and wrong words. I was tired while writing this, so that's why most of those happened. NOW THIS THING IS SPOTLESS!! :3 Hope you enjoyed! ~Car