Sugar (Chapter 11)~The Dante People Never Knew

Dante's POV

"DANTE OCEAN!" My eyes widen as I stare into the cold grey eyes of my teacher, "What were you thinking?! Falling asleep in my class? You should be ashamed!" She scolds. 

I have everybody's attention. Being the center is not exactly my cup of tea. I slither down into my seat, trying to be as invisible as possible. My teacher grabs the collar of my shirt and pulls me back up. My wolf ears welter down into my hair, it almost blending in. My wolf tail wraps around my chair. My tail wraps around it too tight and I unintentionally fall out from my seat. My teacher whips her head in my direction, looking away from the whiteboard that's covered in writing. 

"DANTE OCEAN!" She yells. 

My chair falls on my tail, so I whimper like a dog would. She struts over to me and picks me up by the hood of my red hoodie. I feel all eyes on me. My tail falls between my legs as I grab my book bag and trudge out, my head hung low. 

"Look at that loser." Someone says. I feel memories of high school coming back.

"Haha, I bet he dyed his hair to seem cool."

"He's such a dork."

"How did he ever become friends with the hotties?"

"Laurance and Garroth must be using him to do their homework."

"He doesn't have any friends who want him for him. They want him for homework answers. Typical."

"Look at all those pimples. Unlike him, my face is flawless."

"He has bed head. Ew."

"I wouldn't be caught dead with that hair."

"That outfit is so out of season."

"How could one ever have a fashion sense as bad as that?"

"Look! Haha, those glasses suit him just fine. Glasses always fit dorks."

"Hahahaha!"

"Haha!"

"Hahahahhahahahahahahaha!"

"Dork."

"Loser."

"Book worm."

"Dumb."

"Fat."

"Unpopular."

"Friendless."

More insults whirl around in my head, all of them from high school.

I throw my hands to the top of my head, "Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!" I scream. I look behind me and see everyone staring into my soul, eyes wide as saucers, "What're you all looking at?" I ask. 

I see my reflection in the window. My once blue eyes are now blood red. What's going on?! I look at everyone, my lip quivering. 

"B-Bye, no-now." I stutter, then bolt out. 

"OFF OF CAMPUS FOR A WEEK. GOOD GOING, OCEAN. HAHAHAHA!" Ivy yells as the teacher dismisses her class. 

"SHUT UP, BARBIE DOLL!" I growl. 

Ivy gasps, "LANGUAGE, OCEAN! WATCH YOUR POTTY MOUTH!" The teacher scolds. 

I look back and see Ivy giving me a devilish grin behind the teacher's back. I glare at her, my tail whipping back and forth unhappily. 

"THAT WASN'T EVEN LANGUAGE!" I exclaim, "THIS IS LANGUAGE!" I add.

I'm about to curse when suddenly, I feel a hand over my mouth, "We want to keep it clean, potty mouth." Vylad says. 

He giggles and releases my face, "You're glad your boyfriend came to the rescue! Or else you would of been off campus!" The teacher growls. 

I give her a wolf growl, then Vylad pulls me away, "What in the name of Irene happened?" Vylad asks anxiously as we walk down the hallway. 

"I accidentally drew attention to myself, then got kicked out. Somebody called me a loser and I lost it." I explain, avoiding the 'Oh yea, my traumatizing high school years came back to me!' line. 

"What was that? You mumbled something." He's referring to the high school line. 

"I didn't say anything." I reply quickly. 

Vylad hesitantly looks away and opens our dorm room, "Whatever you say, Blue..." He mumbles. 

"Whatever you say, Pea." I repeat.