Sugar (Chapter 3)~Vylad's Confession

One Long Speech Later... o3o

Dante's POV

As The Hairy Dean Gavin finishes, everyone starts to get up, including us. Vylad grabs my hand for a sense of comfort. I look down at Vylad, smiling at him. He returns the gesture. I hear Garroth growl behind me, but I ignore him and continue walking. Vylad starts to slowly hyperventilate, so I squeeze his hand. 

"It's going to be fine." I whisper sweet nothings into his ear.

His breathing starts to go at a reasonable pace. Vylad looks up at me, our lips accidentally connecting. 

"I KNEW IT! THEY ARE GAY!" The same kid from earlier yells. 

Vylad and I both look at each other wide eyed. We quickly pull apart. 

"S-S-Sorry." Vylad stutters. 

He and I are both blushing a bright red, "That's enough!" Garroth exclaims. We can hear Kawaii~Chan and Aphmau screaming from a while away. 

"EMMALYN, LOOK AT ALL THESE PICTURES I GOT." Katelyn calls out. 

"Tehe! Show me!" Emmalyn exclaims. 

I roll my eyes, then Vylad looks up at me once again, careful to not connect our lips, "What's it like?" Vylad asks. 

"What do you mean?" I question.

"What's it like being gay?" Vylad asks, being the only one that knows about me being gay. 

"It's just like being straight, except you're looking for guys instead of girls." I answer.

Vylad and I are now walking into the dorm building. Garroth and Laurance branched off, Zane's with Aaron and the girls, so it's just Vylad and I. I don't know where Travis is, but he should be around here somewhere. 

"Heyyy, Katelyn~" Travis' voice can be heard, "OUCHIE!" Travis screams. 

"Don't flirt with me, grandpa." Katelyn snaps. 

There's Travis... In all his grandpa glory, "What if I was to tell you.." Vylad starts. 

"Here are your room keys." A woman hands us our room keys, them looking like card keys you get at hotels. Vylad and I walk down the halls, surprisingly having the same room. 

"...I was gay." Vylad finishes his sentence from earlier. 

I stop dead in my tracks, "Are you really?" I question. 

Vylad notices that I'm not at his side anymore, so he turns to me, only being a few feet in front, "Y-Yea. But, that's beside the point." Vylad tries to change the topic. 

"No... That's all the point!" I exclaim, a hint of joy in my voice. 

Y'see... I might like Vylad? But I've been too chicken to admit it (just like Garroth's been too afraid to tell Laurance about his feelings). Nope, Garroth and I are totally different. 

"L-Lets just keep walking.. I don't want to talk about my love life." Vylad says. 

"Who said anything about a love life?" I question. 

He's in the process of turning around, but he stops immediately. He seems stumped, "Uh... You did?" Vylad's statement escapes more like a question. 

"Nope, I never said anything about a love life. I was just asking if you were gay, then you got uncomfortable and tried to change the topic," I chuckle before continuing, "I know you!" I exclaim. 

Vylad groans, rolling his eyes. He turns around and starts walking away. I jog, catching up to him. "Lets just drop the topic." He states. 

"If you say so..." I reply. 

Vylad sticks the key card into a small slot on the door. A small green light blinks. Vylad opens the door, revealing our dorm. There are only two beds, so  I guess it's only Vylad and I. 

A small blush spreads onto Vylad's face, "Are you blushing?" I ask, a small chuckle added to the end of my sentence. 

"Sh-Shut up, Dante!" Vylad exclaims, covering his face with his hands. 

I roll my eyes, then plop onto the bed that has most of my stuff already by it. Vylad makes his way to the other one, then starts unpacking. 

"Why unpack now? We just got here." I question. 

"I just want it to be done." Vylad states, bending down into a crouching position to get stuff out of one of his duffle bags. 

Vylad gets up and makes his way to the restroom to put his toiletries and stuff down, when an idea pops into my head. As he's in the restroom, I jump off my bed and run into the closet. As I hear Vylad coming out, I burst out of it. 

"Vylad, I think you came out of the closet." I joke. 

"Go back to the closet you came from!" Vylad exclaims, pushing me back into the closet, closing the door. 

I sigh, "You can't keep me in here forever." I say as Vylad leans on the door. 

"Watch me!" He replies. 

I groan, "MOOOMM. I'M HUNGRY." I whine. 

What irritates Vylad the most? Whining. And if I whine, then he'll let me out, "VYLAD RO'MEAVE GET ME A BAGEL." I yell. 

"Dante, shut up." Vylad snaps.

"Never, MOM." I reply, emphasizing the word 'mom', "Fine... It's come to this." I sigh, pretending to be sad. I stand up and let my back hit the wall. 

I run up to the closet door, smashing through it. Vylad flies to the wall. My feet glue themselves to the ground as I'm right in front of him. My hands are on the wall for balance, them on each side of Vylad's head. I SWEAR, I STUMBLED LIKE THIS, NOTHING ELSE. 

"This is... Awkward." Vylad says as he purses his lips, looking away. 

"Agreed." I mutter. 

I start to turn my head when suddenly I feel a pair of hands on my cheeks, pulling me closer to Vylad. It takes me an idiotic second to realize Vylad's the one gripping onto my face. Vylad connects our lips. 

"Mphm!" My voice is muffled. 

I eventually melt into the kiss, but when I do, Vylad pulls back quickly, his head hitting the wall. Vylad's hands are still on my cheeks, a blush on Vylad's face. One creeps onto my face as well. 

"I-I-I'm so sorry, D-Dante!" Vylad exclaims apologetically. 

He removes his hands from my face quickly. Vylad slips from my grip, but I grab his wrist before he can hide. 

"Vylad, wait." I start. 

"Leave me alone, Dante." He growls.

"Please, at least hear me out." I plead. Vylad sighs, then I spin him around. I plant my hands on his shoulders, "I liked it, actually." I give him a soft smile. 

"I did... Too..." Vylad confesses. 

"Did you feel sparks?" I question. 

He nods. I smile, then connect our lips once again, them moving in sweet harmony.

****

A/N: For those that're reading this before it was edited, sorry for the typos. I was super tired when I originally wrote this (At like 1AM. duh, that's the best time to start a chapter). Sorry! ~Car