Sugar (Chapter 5)~Pictures

Vylad's POV

The Next Day...

I wake up with the sun gleaming in my eyes. I groan with annoyance as I throw the pillow under my head, onto my face. 

"Mom... I don't wanna go to school." I mutter. 

"I never knew I was your mother." A male voice says. 

My eyes jolt open for the first time this morning as I fling the pillow off of my face. Dante hovers over me with a bright smile and his ocean blue eyes.

A blush paints onto my face, "Dante! Get away!" A small chuckle is added to the end of my sentence as I playfully punch Dante in the arm. 

Dante chuckles, then walks away. I get up, my baggy plaid pajama pants falling from my knees all the way to my ankles. 

"Wow, Vylad! Keep it PG! We can't have pants stopping at our knees!" Dante jokes. 

"Says the man who has ripped pants." I reply, rolling my eyes. Dante looks down at his pants to see a rip on his knee in the right leg, "Just shut up and let me get ready." I push past Dante and make my way to the bathroom. 

"Hey! Don't be so salty." Dante's muffled voice makes it through the door since I have already shut it. 

"I'm not salty." I grumble. I stuff my toothbrush in my mouth. Time to get ready for classes.

~Timeskip, Vylad's POV

Once I finish getting ready, I sling my backpack over my shoulder. It anchors me down for a second, considering how heavy it is. 

"Wow! Need some help there?" Dante asks as he holds the bottom of my bag. 

He realized how much it was weighing me down, "No.. I got it." I reply reluctantly. 

Dante lets go, which causes me, yet again, to tumble a bit. I regain my balance quickly, then walk to the dorm's door. I turn my head, "Coming?" I ask Dante, who's grabbing his bag off his bed. Dante looks at me and nods, then walks over to me, "Everything's going to be fine." I assure, noticing Dante's discomfort. 

Dante gives me a small smile, then walks out the door after I do. There's a sea of people in the hallway, but somehow we find Laurance and Garroth in the midst of everything. 

"Laurance! Garroth!" I yell. 

Both of them look back at us and stop dead in their tracks, "Dude, why'd you stop?" Someone asks, obviously annoyed. 

Garroth and Laurance wait for us to catch up, despite all the annoyed and angry comments around them. Eventually, Dante and I catch up to my brother and his 'friend'. They're obviously dating, but they try to keep it a secret. The four of us reach the outside, where we meet Aphmau, Katelyn, Travis, Zane and Kawaii~Chan. 

"Hey!" Aphmau greets as we all make our way to her. 

Garroth gives Aphmau a slight wave as Laurance smiles brightly. Dante engulfs her in a quick hug as Aphmau and I exchange our hellos. 

"Vylad! Vylad! Can you take a picture of Laurance, Garroth, Dante and I please?" Aphmau asks, already handing me her phone. 

"Would I've been able to object?" I question, a playful ring in my voice. 

"No." Aphmau replies with a warm smile. 

"3... 2... 1..." I count down, then snap the picture after 1. I glance at it for a second before Aphmau takes her phone back.

 I glance at it for a second before Aphmau takes her phone back

I smile softly. "Come on... Let's get to class, shall we?" Katelyn questions. 

She's already walking away, "Let's go!" Dante exclaims. 

Everyone in our group starts to follow Katelyn and Dante. Time for college to start. Hopefully this doesn't go too bad.