Sugar (Chapter 14)~End Of The School Year Test

A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates! School has been time consuming and I've gotten hit with writer's block. I'm trying to write more, so enjoy! ~Car

****

V Y L A D ' S        P O V

A       F E W        M O N T H S          L A T E R . . .

I gulp as our teacher hands out tests from this semester. I glance at Dante, who's in the back corner of the room. Him and I make eye contact, him flashing me an assuring smile. I return the gesture, then turn my head. My eyes widen and my smile seems fake. Because it is. I'm nervous. This was the biggest test of the semester. It was near the end of the school year and we were getting our tests back, saying if we were smart enough to go to this school next year. Practically, this is the 'Are you dumb or not?' test. Intimidating, yes. But easy? Not a chance. 

My smile fades as the teacher places the wretched piece of paper on my desk. I hesitantly pull it closer to me and anxiously flip through the questions before checking my final score. Once that's done, my gaze rests on the big B on my paper. I smile. You needed a C or higher to pass, and I got a B. Nevertheless, a B+. I glance back at Dante, who's eyes are scanning the paper as well. We make eye contact once again. He nods with a smile painting his face, signaling that he passed as well. My gaze tears away from his and scans the room. There are some disappointed, most likely not having the passing grade. I feel bad for them, but it's their fault that they failed. They should have studied harder. 

"Congratulations to the students who passed the big test." Our teacher, Mr. Hemgi congratulated the winning students, "And good luck to those that haven't. I wish you the greatest of luck in other school's and life in general." The teacher's gaze scans the room of young adults, "For students that are staying, you'll get this type of speech soon. In the meantime," His gaze keeps running, "Congratulations and good luck." I smile brightly. This smile is genuine.

A B O U T     T H R E E            H O U R S         L A T E R . . .

After classes end, I make my way back to Dante and mine's dorm. I run into a certain short potato on the way back. She smiles brightly, "Vylad! Hey!" She greets, "How'd you do on the College Test?" She asks. 

"Great! I got a B. What about you?" I reply 

"AN A+. IN YOUR FACE RO'MEAVE! Haha." Aphmau exclaims, grinning.

I snicker, "Good for you." I state. 

She giggles, "I know." The raven haired girl pauses, "Well, I have to meet Zane somewhere, so I gotta bounce. Bye!" And with that, Aphmau disappears into the hallway somewhere. 

I roll my eyes, smiling softly. My feet take me into Dante and mine's dorm, "Dante?" I call out, seeing if he's here. 

There's no response, so, he's either out with friends, or still in classes. You never know. I'm not going to push him for a response. I sit on my bed and stare at the ceiling. An idea pops into my head. I smile with pursed lips, grab my laptop and started typing furiously. This went on for a while; My fingers typing at an insanely fast pace. Eventually, I finish what I was doing and hit send.

'Mom... I miss you. I'll be coming home soon with Garroth and Zane due to the school year ending next week. I love you and wish you were here. All three of us have so many stories that we want to tell you, along with some people we've met and possibly really like... I love you mom. Call me if you get the chance.

-Vylad Ro'Meave'