Chapter 11

I walked into the school and right into May. "Oh honey! I've been looking everywhere for you!" She exclaimed, looking me up and down. She frowned. "What are you wearing?" She asked me. I raised an eyebrow and put my hands on my hips.

"Clothes."

She smiled at me as if I was a little kid who was lost in a store. "Honey, that's garbage, not clothes." I took a deep breath and look down at my outfit. "Did your dad really let you out of the house like this? Come with me, I have extra clothes. You are so lucky we are the same size." May started to drag me by the arm to her locker.

When we got there I crossed my arms over my chest. "What's wrong with a hoodie and yoga pants?" I asked, feeling irritated. May smile sweetly at me. "You look like you crawled out the clearance bin at Wal-Mart!" She said, looking me up and down again. I stepped back. "This was how I dressed before the project May, I'm back to being unpopular. Remember?"

May shook her head. "No, you aren't. The Solomon page for you is still up. Just because you did popular for a project, doesn't mean you didn't become popular." I stared at May as if she was crazy. "Now let's change out of the Wal-Mart clothes. You should know we only wear school hoodies."

May kept ranting about being popular and the kind of clothes I could wear and couldn't while I just rolled my eyes and mocked her when she wasn't facing me. After awhile of going through her locker, she turned around and shoved a bag of clothes into my arms.

"Wear something in here."

I rolled my eyes, but took the bag anyways. "Is there anyway I could convince you to let me wear this?" I asked one last time. May glared at me. "Okay, okay, I'll change."

"Good."

__________________________________________________________________

When I walked out the bathroom I had my hair in a messy bun and was wearing a white skirt with a white tank top and dress sweater. "If you get your period, you're fucked." May said when she saw me, "But you look amazing." I thanked May for letting my borrow her clothes,which was actually more like force me to borrow them.

May smiled and then insisted on walking down the hall with our arm linked. I gave her a look that said I for real, don't want to. But she didn't get my message, because she linked arms with me and then made me walk with her.

"So, now that the game has been canceled again, do you think we can have the party at your place again?" May asked as she waved to some nearby girls. When I didn't answer, she stopped walking and then stepped in front of me. "Are you okay?" She asked me, not asking me about the party like I thought she would.

"Sorta?" I asked, more than said. May sighed. "Forget first period, today is coffee day. I'll text Lisa and have her meet us with coffee in the old building. Don't skip this." May said, unlocking her phone. She dialed someone and when they picked up, she mouthed "bye" to me, gave me a wave, and started off.

I took a deep breath and then I turned around so I could go find Jazzlyn so I could talk to her about tracking somebody's phone, but instead I ran right into Toby.

"Katherina."

"Toby."

"We need to talk."