Chapter 4

That Awkward Moment when you're Mom begs to Read Your Story . . . XD

Pic at the side is by Snapey

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Recap:

I opened the suitcase and found a pair of boy-short pyjamas and a tank top. I put them on and then went to bed. I never slept better in my life. Well until I started dreaming about Leo . . .

Chapter 4:

Callie's POV

I was really nervous now.

As soon as I woke up in the morning I was rushed out of bed by my mom and had breakfast practically stuffed into my face. She brought me upstairs and rampaged through the suitcase full of the stuff she had bought me. She finally found what she was looking for and pulled out a pale pink sundress and tossed it at me.

"Put this on quickly," she said to me, "we are to meet with the Queen at noon."

I did as she said without complaint and before I knew it everyone piled into the car and we set out to wherever this Queen person lived.

That's where we are now; we are waiting for the queen to be ready to see us. Like I said before, I was nervous. I have never met anyone with as much authority as a queen. In fact the closet I've ever got to anything related to a queen was five years ago when I was twelve and I had to do a project on Queen Elizabeth the first and second. That's actually the only queen - or should I say queens - I know . . .

Suddenly a pair of huge oak doors opened and a beautiful woman with jet black hair that fell to her hips in naturally gleaming waves. Although you could tell she was probably in her 30's, she still looked as if early twenties. She had no make-up on but looked prettier than any other woman she had ever seen. No model could compare to the beauty that this person naturally carried around with her. Her aura was bright and cheerful. She had a natural smile on her face that flaunted her teeth that were so white it was almost impossible. She was wearing a beautiful purple dress that fell to the floor in ruffles.

She scanned the room and when her eyes landed on me her smile grew impossibly wider and she motioned for me to follow suite as she started to walk back through the oak doors.

I glanced at my family quickly and they just gave me encouraging looks and waving me off in the direction that the queen headed in before I turned around and followed the queen who was still walking down the hallway that had been on the other side of the doors.

I followed a few steps behind her until we reached a set of spiral stairs. We quickly ascended them and reached a final room that seemed to be at the top of a tower.

The queen turned around and addressed me for the first time, "It's nice to see you again Callie. I am very happy you are here."

I opened my mouth but then closed it quickly after. I thought about my words carefully before speaking, I was in front a queen you know.

"I'm sorry but I don't believe we have ever met."

The queen just laughed and replied, "We have met on many occasions before and although you don't remember it right now, you will soon. You see you are very important to me. You are my successor. I don't want to waste any more time, you will remember as soon as the ceremony is complete."

I wasn't going to lie, I was a little confused but I tried not to let that show as I just nodded my head.

She smiled and put her hands on the side of my head, her smile never fading.

"You will feel a slight pressure when I start but it won't hurt. It will just last for a minute." And then she closed her eyes.

I started to feel pressure in my skull but like she promised, it didn't hurt. I started to close my eyes and try to control and even out my breathing.

When a minute was over and I felt the pressures leave my skull as well as the hands of the queen. I didn't feel anything different and was completely and utterly lost for reasons why everyone kept saying that I would remember everything after the ceremony. I didn't have any holes in my memory or anything like that so how do I know if I'm missing any of my memory anyways. The only clue would be that people keep talking about stuff that I don't know anything about.

But when I opened my eyes it all changed.

Suddenly I remembered everything . . .

Like the queen said, I was her successor. I was destined to rule the world of Supernatural.

Let me start from the beginning; using my newly returned memory.

There are many different breeds - or species, whichever you prefer, of Supernatural. There are Fairies, Werewolves, Vampires, Warlocks, Demons, which are the main and most common ones but there are also breeds like the real Lupines. They go far back, werewolves these days are actually more like shape shifters then werewolves but they have taken up the title werewolf and now the original werewolves are referred to as Lupine or Lupus instead. While the shapeshifter werewolves take on more of a giant wolf type shape, Lupine look more like half-human and half-werewolf, they stand on two feet and are big and hairy. Anyways I think you get the point about them.

Throughout each species of Supernatural have their own hierarchy and government but the world would be in ruins if they didn't have a Queen to rule them all.

The Queen controls all the Supernatural, theoretically speaking of course. A new one is chosen every thousand years or so. You can't just become the Queen, you haves to be destined at birth to be the successor. It is always females that are chosen. It is not that males are unfit because once the Queen finds her mate or she marries someone they become the King alongside her and even then the Queen has the final say in every decision. It is more of the fact that it is believed that females have more control over their emotions then the males. Males are more likely to do something stupid out of rage then a female would.

Even if you are the destined successor the throne isn't handed over to you immediately, there is something you must complete first. It is most commonly known as a mission for the Queen. It takes place in a few steps.

First step is that the Queen will tell you that she has completed the ceremony in your place or something along those lines; they are given a fake reality that they automatically have all the powers that the Queen takes on. This is done to see how they react to power, if they abuse the privilege; they immediately will not become the successor and are removed from the mission. If you continue to act responsible and don't brag or talk about your powers then you pass the first part.

After the first part you no longer believe you have your powers yet and you realize that you need to accomplish some stuff before you get to that point. The course is about a month long and it is just one-on-one time with the queen of which she teaches you all you need to know about being the Supernatural Queen and having so much responsibility. It helps prepare you and if at the end of the month you just aren't getting the hang of it you are removed from the 'mission'.

If you get by all that then you move on to the final and longest step, the six year memory lapse. For six years you will forget completely about anything to do with the supernatural and who you really are. You only believe in humans roaming the earth and nothing more. You can't see your family or any of your friends during those six years but you are under surveillance. You smell like a human as well so no supernatural know of who you are and can't smell you out as a non-human. This step is preformed to monitor your behaviour and which type of crowd you hang out in. All those crappy details of a normal teenage life.

Once the six years are over and your memory is restored (you still remember the six years but you get all your old memories back as well) all you need to complete is the initiation ceremony which is just pretty much the crowning and receiving of powers.

That was all I needed to do and then I will have the blood and powers of all the supernatural species out there. Because I am born a werewolf (shapeshifter type), that will be my strongest side.

I took a deep breath and smiled to myself, "I'm ready."

The Queen took a breathy laugh and then said, "It's nice to have you back Callie."

Leo's POV

I awoke to the sound of a groan; let me tell you that it definitely wasn't an attractive groan. I opened my eyes and looked around; beside me was the head cheerleader, Duffy. She was strewn across the bed naked and flaunting everything. She was really attractive but not in the kind of way my mate was. My Mate, Callie.

Duffy's attractive but it was purely on an appearance base only. Her cleavage was huge and she has had countless nose-jobs and Botox.

It disgusted me to sleep with someone other than my mate but I knew I had to get over her, it would never work out.

I silently got out of the bed and gathered my clothes that were strewn across the floor. I quickly put them on and rushed out of her room. I went to the end of the hallway and jumped out the window and ran to the woods. I didn't want to risk meeting her parents in the kitchen, they were nice but her father was a priest and he thought his daughter was celibate not the exact opposite like she actually was.

Once I got into the woods I shifted, not caring about my now ripped clothes. I wanted to get home as quick as I can so I can change and go to school where I can see Callie.

I admit that the prank we pulled on her yesterday was cruel but what was I supposed to do. At least I still got to see her . . . even if she was on the verge of tears . . . and in pain . . . and it made me die inside every time I see her like that.

I sighed as I got to my house; I lived in the pack house with my father the Alpha. I sprinted inside and grabbed a random shirt and some jeans. I put them on quickly and hopped into the car and took off towards the school.

As soon as I got there I was on a lookout for Callie but she seemed to be out of sight. I couldn't feel her through the slight mate bond we had but because the bond is so weak I can't really rely on it.

"Hey Babe," Duffy said while coming up to me in a skanky belt length skirt and a a shirt that looked like it was made for a toddler because it was so short and tight.

She practically jumped on top of me and forcing me into a lip lock.

I guess Callie can wait for a while . . .

ICUICUICUICUICUICUICUICUICU

I didn't see Calllie at all today and I was starting to get worried. I decided to visit my dad after school.

"Hello son what brought you here?" he asked as I walked into his office. He had paper work spread across his desk and he looked slightly stressed. He must have been working all day by the looks of everything in the room but I was too on edge to care.

"Callie wasn't at school today; she never misses a day of school."

He knew who Callie was; she was talked about quite a bit actually, by my mom of course. My mom helps out at school sometimes and whenever she does she always brings back stories about a marvellous young lady named Callie who always helped her. She had always thought that Callie would make a good impact on me, cause me to stop sleeping around and start getting to know people. I would just laugh and tell her that there would be no such luck.

My dad didn't know about me having found my mate; in fact no one did so as soon as I said this I felt like punching myself in the head. It sounds like I care; I need a cover up and fast. Think! ! !

My dad looked at me curiously before slowly saying, "What's your point son?"

I don't know! What is my point? I can't freaking tell him that's for sure!!! "Um, well you know with all the rogue sightings and all I was just a little worried for everyone's safety." That might work; I think I'll stick to it. It wasn't completely a lie either; there had been a lot of rogue wandering around our territory and we have all been on edge, which was probably what my dad was looking into all day, he was probably revising all the recorded rogue sightings and patterns. I was worried for Callie because of that but that wasn't the only reason.

"But she's a human what would a rogue want with one of them?" He had a good point but I couldn't give up.

"I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY WOULD WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH HER I AM JUST WORRIED!!!" I yelled at him even though I knew I was majorly over reacting. She was probably just really sick.

If she was sick you would still feel her bond with you, a voice inside me said and I knew it was true.

My dad sighed, "Fine I'll send John over to her place and check everything out."

"Thanks dad," I said before leaving and going up to my room.

Half an hour later John entered my room with a weary expression.

"You're here to tell me she's A okay right?"

He opened his mouth and then sighed, "I'm afraid not, no one was at her place and there I picked up the scent of a werewolf, one I don't recognize. Most of her possessions are missing as well."

"WHAT!!" I yelled.

Anger started to build up inside me and I faintly heard the sound of the door quickly opening and closing. John must have left, but I didn't care.

My mate was gone; she just got up and left. Kidnapped by a rogue. Now I may never see the one I was destined to be with again. While the rage was boiling up inside of me, I couldn't help but wonder if she would have still been kidnapped if I just accepted her instead of rejecting her.

No, I quickly shook the thought away, she would be dead if I accepted her at least this way she is alive.

My rage continued to build up until I just snapped and started ruining everything in sight. At the end of my rampage my desk had been smashed, my bed was in a million pieces with the bedding ripped apart and the cotton from the inside flung randomly throughout the room. There were holes in the wall from punches that I threw and I don't remember when but at one point I had shifted into my wolf.

Once I had calmed myself down I whined slightly, before lying down on top of my ruined bed and put my paws on top of my nose.

One way or another I will find Callie, not because I care about her, but because I need to make sure she is ok.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I'm looking over all the cast suggestion trying to choose them . . . it's a tough choice.