Chapter 23

Edited by @Debbi_theChocEditor

------------------------------------------------------------

Callie

 “What are you doing here?” I asked Leo as he helped me regain my balance. I looked around to see if anyone else was here but couldn’t see anyone.

“We came to rescue you,” Leo said cupping my face. “The others are either inside or surrounding the building. Are you okay? Than didn’t hurt you did he?”

I shook my head and pulled back from his grasp, “No. Why would Than hurt me?”

Leo looked at me as if there was an obvious reason and that I would have to be crazy to miss it. “He is a rogue Cal, rogues hurt people, and they are cruel and mean.”

“No,” I protested. “No Leo, maybe some rogues are but not all. How many rogue attacks do you hear about every year?”

Leo thought for a second, “Maybe a hundred-ish. Why?”

I ignored him and continued, “Less then a hundred, last year there was only 67. And how many rogues are there?” Leo shrugged. “There are between seven hundred to a thousand rogues throughout the whole world.” I paused again making sure to look deep into his eyes. “Not all rogues are bad.”

“Ok so maybe not all rogues are completely horrible but that doesn’t mean Than isn’t, he kidnapped you didn’t he? And he and his rogue followers attacked the Supernatural castle!” Ok so Leo did have a pretty good point and I think that at one point I would have agreed with Leo but that would have been before I had met the rogues that were in league with Than. It would have been before I got to know them and the reason behind all that they have done. They weren’t as bad as Leo was making them out to be.

“They had reasons Leo,” I tried to say strongly but it came out a lot softer than I hoped for.

Leo shook his head, “It doesn’t matter anyways. It would be too late.”

I look at him confused, “What do you mean?”

“We came here to get you back so not only the Final Ceremony can take place but so that the rogues that attacked the kingdom and kidnapped the Queen-to-be would be stopped.” He must have seen something in my eyes because Leo then said, “I’m sorry, Cal.”

He then enveloped me in a big bear hug. Every breath I took was bursting with his scent making me weak in the knees. Even though I knew I should be concentrating on the rogues right now but I couldn’t concentrate with Leo’s aroma all around me, he just smelt so good. I felt myself lean into him and he tightened his grip on me protectively. “I’m sorry if I have disappointed you, mate.” He said softly into my ear making me shudder.

“Forgive and forget, right?” Screw revenge, I can do that after everything is solved.