Chapter 18

Pic at the side is by MysteryMagic!

_-_-_--_-_-_

Callie 

There right in front of me was none other then Oden. She looked no different then the last time I had seen her – when Than and I were together. She was still that short and chubby heavily native Filipino. Just like I always knew her as, the same old Oden. Strangely I felt relief flood through me as the thought of this, at least something – or rather someone – has stayed the same over the last little while.

Her warm smile that never failed to brighten anyone’s day flowed through me instantly giving me this warm loved feeling. Her affection towards me was one of a mother or grandmother and mine to her in return was one of a corresponding position.

She had always been very close to me when Than and I were together and I had found myself going to her for things that I wouldn’t normally even go to my mother or Queen Emmaline for. We had been so close up until that night when Than left me and attacked the castle.

“Oden?” I asked stupidly. It was obviously her, no doubt about it. She had this unique aura that just sprinkled joy onto anyone . . . well anyone she liked. If you weren’t on Oden’s good side you best run like hell, kind of like with Devin I guess.

“Yes child.” Oden said as she stood up and moved towards me. She stroked my cheek gently with one of her hands, “My goodness you have grown up so much since I had last seen you in person. Oh how the time flies when you’re getting old.”

Oden chucked at what she had said and I soon enough joined in with her, even Than had a grin on his face from where he was sitting.

“You can’t be more then what? 29?” Than said. This was something that I missed when I was away, the fun me, Oden and Than always had.

“Something like that,” Oden laughed.

We continued to joke around for a while more before I couldn’t help but ask the question that had been on the top of my mind since I saw Oden standing – or rather sitting – there in my room.

“When I spoke to you last you said you had been in Ireland. It wasn’t that long ago and you said yourself that you weren’t planning on coming back for a little while.”

“Plans change, and I couldn’t do much in Ireland anyways because I forgot to rent a car and I was staying at an old farm that was to far away for an old human like me to walk into town or anything. Poor old Oden can’t seem to get away from werewolves either and happens to bump into them everywhere I go. Although all the werewolves in Ireland happen to be complete bastards that waste themselves away in bars for a living.” Oden answered with a brush of the hand.