Chapter 25

Song on the side is my current obsession along with High School Musical!

_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Than

After Devin ran away, I headed back to the building where the Rogues were staying, only to find none of them there. I had walked throughout the entire building before coming to a note, that appeared to have been posted quickly, on one of the walls.

Come to the castle.

It was a simple note and rather straight to the point, just the way I liked them. Since there had been no need to linger in any longer, I shifted into wolf form and started my unusually quick run back to the castle. Although I would never admit it, I was quite nervous about what may be waiting there for me. I see no reason why it couldn’t be a punishment for everything I’ve done.  And even if it was my punishment, I needed to go; I need to prove to Devin that I’m more then just a Rogue.

I arrived at the castle and ran straight inside, thanks to the already open door. I didn’t want to meet the Queen while naked (if I was even meeting the Queen at all), so I ran into the first door I saw. I wasn’t looking to take much, a pair of pants is all, but I still had to be cautious. What if someone was in here? What if they were into booby-trapping their house?

Luckily, that was not the case and I was able to snatch a pair of grey sweatpants. They were a little big and had a few holes in them but they would have to do. 

Once I sniffed out the scent of the other Rogues, it was no time until I found myself in the same room as them.

“Ah, Than! Thank you for joining us!” Someone said with a hint of bitterness from the other side of the room.

“Dexter!” I watched as Callie elbowed him. Dexter . . . I’m almost certain Callie had mentioned a Dexter to me before.

Dexter coughed slightly, “Sorry . . . Please take a seat with the other Rogues.”

I looked to the side of the room and noticed that a there was a long dinning table with all the Rogues situated around it. I walked over to the table and sat down in a chair at the head of it. Queen Emmaline was already at the other end and soon Callie and everyone else who hadn’t already been seated (included Devin – who seemed to purposely be avoiding eye contact with me).

“You all are very lucky to have Callie on your side, due to her persuasion we have a solution to discuss with you.” Queen Emmaline said and then looked towards Callie.

Callie glanced at me before starting. “I feel that I can say that most, if not all of you, don’t really fancy being Rogue, am I right?” There were many nods all around the table. “I am giving anyone and everyone of you the chance to belong to a pack once more or maybe for the first time even. If you are interested, stay behind once we are done talking and I will explain to you how it’ll all work.”

Emmaline stood up, “Those who have no interest in changing their Rogue status will follow me outside in a minute where we will have a brief, but mandatory discussion. It is nothing to fret about, don’t worry.