Chapter 16

Check out the Video on the side when you have time!!!!!

 Leo

  Why do I feel like I had just let my mate down? I let her go with that idiot Than. Worse off though is the fact she had loved him once. What if deep down inside she still did? What if being captured by Than resurfaces those feelings? What would happen to me?

    This is all my fault, I screamed to myself while I punched an oak tree so hard that it fell down, roots out and everything. This is all my fault, if I just accepted Callie as a mate in the first place we wouldn’t be here. If I didn’t bully her we wouldn’t be here. If I showed her how much I actually cared, If I gave her an honest apology, if I didn’t care so much about my reputation to put her in the backseat, we wouldn’t be here. If I were a better mate we wouldn’t be here.  

But stalking around a clearing in the middle of a forest is not going to make up for everything I had done to my mate.  I need to fix what I’ve done, the pain I’ve caused. Now it’s my turn to make everything better.

    First I need to get Callie back, I told myself as I started to run back to where the castle was. The trek back although only maybe a five-minute werewolf run away, seemed to take forever to get to. Maybe it was because I had a purpose, I needed to save my dear Callie.    

  I was winded in and out of the trees to avoid running into them and jumping over fallen branches and rocks. Once I got back to the castle walls, where the fight was taking place between the rogues and royals, I was surprised to see that there were hardly any people around and they certainty weren’t in a fight.    

I found a warrior from my pack that was wandering around and ran up to him. “What happened? Where is everybody?”    

He looked up startled, he must have been deep in thought as to have not heard me coming, and I wasn’t being very silent. “S-Sorry sir, I’m just a bit perplexed that’s all.”

    “Hmm, and why is that?” I asked him as I continued to follow his eye sight over to a tree that was covered in claw marks, obviously done by a werewolf.    

“We – we were in the middle of the fight – between the rogues and us obviously – and – and . . . all of a sudden the rogues just stopped. T-they just stopped and then retreated back into the woods in the blink of an eye. It makes no sense, it-it . . . they’re rogues I mean, they don’t have a leader or Alpha that orders them to obey. They are rogues.” He was obviously flustered, he wasn’t making complete sense.

    It took me a few minutes to piece everything together but once I did, I felt a bit of relief. Than kept his words and got the rogues to leave. Callie didn’t leave for a lie, she just saved many people’s lives by doing what she did and for that I felt proud that she was my mate.    
“Where is Queen Emmaline?” I asked him.

    “In the armory room,” he answered then continued to walk around aimlessly around the fielded area.

    I ran off quickly in search of the Queen. I need to fill her in on the situation. Even though Callie left her a note, I know Callie at least to some extent and she likes to sugar coat things so that whatever the situation may be, she doesn’t make it sound like a big deal, especially situations where she has a major role in. I need to fully fill the Queen in on the situation because she may be able to help.    
I ran into the armory room and scouted for Queen Emmaline. I found her in the far left corner of the gray bricked room near a bucket of swords.