Chapter 3

Katelyns. POV

It must have been the early morning because I could feel the warm rays of the sun beginning to show, I didn't open my eyes because I'm not much of a morning person.
I settled with just listening to the sound of the birds who were only just appearing in the presence of the early morning sun.
I had slept outside because truthfully sometimes I just can't stand sitting indoors for so long, even if I am "asleep".

The noise of the birds was soon disturbed by the quiet footsteps of someone walking closer.
The person was clearly trying to be quiet (and failing might I add) but whoever is doing so should know better than to walk on the gravel if they wanted to be stealthy.
The person who was coming towards, who's identity was still a mystery, sat down near me and then remained silent to a certain extent.
I knew if they were an enemy their manner of approaching me would have been much different.

A few minutes passed of me pretending to be asleep as the person sat in silence, it was rather obvious that they were watching me "sleep" which disturbed me so I listened to their breathing and the sounds of their movement and quickly worked out who it was.

I suddenly sat up and threw my arm to my right deliberately knocking Travis off the crate he was sitting on, I then stood up and looked down at him

"Do you know how disturbing it is to have someone watch you sleep?" I said still standing up.
"Not really, I know you like it really... But by Enki! How did you know it was me?" He replied way too energetically for the morning.
I leant down slightly to speak to him better "I knew because a good guard always sleeps with one eye open. Did no one ever teach you that?"
He looked at me for a few bizarre seconds before responding "Well yes, of course someone taught me. But I didn't go to a guard academy like you so my training wasn't necessarily the best."

I nodded before standing up straight again and putting a hand out for Travis to grab but it took him a while.
"Come on, do you want to sit there all day?" I asked slightly frustrated
"Well I wouldn't mind having a view like this all day..." He replied with his usual cheeky smirk.

I frowned and proceeded to kick him in the side before walking off to find Isabelle to discuss the idea of breakfast.

Travis's. POV

I groaned and rolled onto my side to see Katelyn walking off somewhere, she sure is fantastic when it comes to anything to do with giving me physical pain... kicking, punching, slapping... Luckily all done without weapons, I have a feeling if she had a dagger it would hurt a lot more than being kicked in the side...

I rolled back onto my back and stood up, dusting off the dirt I collected from the ground.
I looked around the area where Katelyn had been sleeping and noticed a little pendant lying on the ground, I picked it up and rubbed off some of the dirt to find that it was silver.
I looked at the pendant for a few moments before before discovering that it opened, I never understood why people made jewellery that opened...
I gently opened the pendant that turned out to be a locket to find on one side, carved into the silver was the letter K, I automatically thought of Katelyn and decided to be a bit more careful with the little locket.
I then looked at the other side and found several pictures stuffed one on top of the other in the locket, I looked around quickly before sitting down and taking the pictures out of the locket and looking at them.

I smiled slightly when I looked at the first picture, it looked like it was a young Katelyn and her family, well I presume her family... There was a blue haired man, and 3 other blue haired boys, there was also a woman and two other boys who looked like her...

I looked through some of the other pictures, they were mostly pictures of the same people as the first but in different circumstances.
It looked to be pictures of Katelyns family and happy things...
Once I got to the 6th photo I paused, there was a dark brown haired man wielding a golden weapon. I looked at the mans features for a bit before reading the hand written message at the top... 'Jeffrey The Golden Heart'

I pondered the name for a bit before putting the pictures back in the locket and hiding it in my pocket before standing up and going to do my shift at the cells.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not so interesting story:
I just left the house to ask my mum a question when she came threw the garden gate and told me 'I read the first Chapter of you new Book'
At this point I was already in shock... Cause ya, I'm not sure I want meh mumzie knowing what I write my books about... ALSO SHE ACTUALLY WENT AND SEARCHED FOR MY BOOK, Dat scary...
The good/weird thing is... she approves of my writing... (mind blown...) Aaaaaand wants to be my 'proof reader'...
What evil are you planning mother dearest...

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this Chapter and don't forget to leave a comment and vote! <3