Chapter 12

Katelyns. POV

The only reason I held my hand other Travis' mouth was to scare the crap out of him and I was all too aware that I would succeed.
Although, I was my aware of the fact that he would lick it!

"Oh My Irene! Did you just lick my hand?! I screeched, jumping back in shock and wiping my hand on my shorts, desperately trying to et rid of the disgusting moist sensation his tongue had left on my hand.

"So I think we need to talk..." he said with a sheepish smile pinned to his face. Causing me to growl, resulting in the side of his smile twitching as he tried to hold it.

There was a long moment of silence as Travis tried to keep the awkward mile plastered to his face while I gave him the scariest death glare I could manage, which was probably way he was shacking slightly.

"You think we should talk? Well talk already!" I snapped, my patience leaving me.

He looked at me carefully before slowly pulling out a peace of paper, and stretched his arm out in a motion to give it to me, with the photo facing upwards.
The sight of the photo almost set me off so I quickly snatched it and went to sit under my usual tree. I pretended to look at the photo with my hair falling over my face so he Travis couldn't see the tears that were threatening to fall. Even if I could barely stand to look at it without breaking down. And I did not want to do that now.

But something that surprised me the most, was when I felt someone sit down next to me.
I could feel his body heat, showing me just how close he actually was.

"Who is he...?" Travis said quietly, pointing to the photo.

"Why do you care?!"  I snapped.

He shrugged, not knowing what to say. After a period of time, whee I kept trying not to look at the photo, I finally let my gaze fall onto the picture.

"His name was Jeffrey..." I said, feeling my eyes become watery but no tears fell.

I felt Travis' gaze on me, almost urging me to continue, which I soon did.

"He was an old friend, actually he was more than a friend"
"He was like a brother..." I felt Travis breath out at that moment but I ignored it

I was completely lost for words when I felt Travis' arm curl around my shoulder, at first I was uncomfortable, stiff, as some would say but somewhere in all of this, I relaxed and accepted his comforting gesture.

"He was killed." I said, looking up at Travis' face, and that was the final blow.

Travis'. POV

I felt such pain for her when she muttered those final words about the death of her friend. The look in her eyes said it all, she was close to him and when she started crying, I couldn't help but feel guilty for the tears she was shedding at the moment, it may not have been my fault he died but it was my fault that I let my jealousy get the better of me.

I rubbed her back as tried to stop her tears while hiding her face in my chest, I knew her enough to know this was a rare occasion and that she did not want people seeing her cry.

It was so bizarre, I looked down at the small crying figure that was curled up next to me, she was so small and fragile at that moment, she almost looked broken... So different from the strong, defensive woman I had been with not to long ago.

~•~•~•~•~•~

I don't know how long we sat there in that position, but eventually Katelyn stood up and I after her.
"Thank you" she said, now with her old confidence.
"No, it's fine. I'm sorry it was my fault in the first place." I sighed

She gave me a quick nod and started walking off again, and I running a bit to join her.

"Oh, and Travis?" She said coming to a halt
"Yeah?" I said pausing a bit in front if her.

Although I was greeted with the old Katelyn.

The sudden shock and sensation of been punched in the face was shortly followed by Katelyns yelling.

"How dare you go through my things!" She screeched "Also you're going to have a black eye!

I sat on the ground, a but taken aback by the sudden change in attitude, and I felt a smile appear on my face and a small laugh escape my lips.
I watched as she looked over her shoulder and I saw the slight look of amusement on my face as she walked away.

After she left, I finally stood up and before leaving the clearing I checked to see nothing had been forgotten, but only one thing was going through my mind.

I don't think she hates me anymore.