If I Let You In

Micah POV

"They lied to you Micah..... The gun shot you heard on the phone, it was all a setup! I know..... I know I hurt you bad, I will never forgive myself the way I let the only person that truly loved me down! Even though at the time it had been a year since we've been together, I was still in love you, that'll never change! Miles came to me trying to fuck, about a couple of weeks before this all went down, but of course I turned him down because all I was thinking about was how can I approach you just so you can hear me out.
Well that pissed Miles off, knowing that you still had control over my heart. The day it happened Micah came in with his brother, He was a police officer, and a dude I had been seeing you fuck around with! They barged in knocked me out and hours laters I woke up in a warehouse tied up! They told me how they was going to kill me and you, but if I went along with their plan to make you think I was dead, they wouldn't fuck with you! I did what I had to do to make sure you was safe, and protected, because you're my world! They gave me three duffle bags full of money, and a fake I.D and Passport to France, and they told me if I really wanted you safe never show my face again, or they would kill you!" Mar'Quez spilled!
"That damn Miles, Like damn Quez that dick must be made of gold and was fucking the brains out of dude, because this nigga was wildin!" Kelcey blurted out, and thought it was so funny!
I shot her a look to let her know to shut the hell up, because now is not the time!
"Why are you here now then?" Kelcey asked after she finally stopped laughing.
"They broke the deal, they came looking for me a couple of weeks ago to kill me, because some detective had started back on the case of the man they blamed my death on, Austin! The detective started reaching out calling around, long story short he knows that I'm alive!" Mar'Quez said.
"So why don't you just go to the detective and get put in witness protection?" Kelcey asked
"It's not that simple, I would go to jail for faking my death, and Miles brother is going to make sure of it, he would know where they would try and hide me, he's a dirty cop, he can throw a whole lot of other charges on top of it, and he will get his lil niggas in jail to kill me, without hesitation! So I can't trust the police! Miles's crew been hunting me down since they found out the detective knows I'm alive, so they can kill me before I tell him anything! So my only option was you Micah! First I just had to see you, it had been too long! Then I knew that they wouldn't bring that shit to Hollywood because it's to many people here watching! So I came here needing you to let me hide out! Just for a little while!" Mar'Quez said.

I'm just stunned by all the information that he's telling me! I can't believe that Miles went to every length to make sure I suffered, like that tired ass hoe was really reaching!!!!!
Mar'Quez protected me, risked his whole life to protect me and I didn't even know, so of course I can let him hide out for a little while.
"Quez you can stay, but soon as one suspicious person comes around you have to leave! I have a child that I will kill for, and I'm not going to risk her life for anybody!!!!" I told him hoping I was making my point clear!
"Understood! Wait? You have a child?"
Mar'Quez asked.
I could see the hurt in his eyes, and excitement at the same time.
"Yes, I have a daughter named Ava that I will go to war for! But look I have work in the A.M so I'm going to go drink an entire bottle Hennessy and take my ass to bed because this is a bit much for me! Kelcey will show you where you can sleep, and get you something to eat.... I just can't right now I gotta go!" I said getting up walking out of the living room into my doubled door master bedroom.
Why me? Why can't this shit happen to anybody else besides me??

I walk to my crystal glass cabinet and took out a bottle of Hennessy and poured me a glass. I took it to the head, I need a buzz so fucking bad! I stripped out if my clothes and hopped in the shower!
The warm water that trickled down my back and abs felt nice, it was soothing!
I hopped out a dried off and went into my room to find some underwear.
After deciding to go commando as usual I slipped on a pair of thin light grey sweats that my ass engulfed, and print stuck out. I decided not to wear a shirt.
I heard my phone buzz.