12

TWELVE

The next moment, I heard footsteps coming from the outside louder.

shitshitshit.

Immediately, I got out from Jungkook's hand and stood far away from him a little.

Hyemin opened the door using her feet while bringing two cups of coffee inside, "you guys are on the way to practice language studies again, right?" She asked us and I nodded shakily.

"Can I join too?" She questioned and I just nodded my head in agreement.

So, we three started walking outside the room to the canteen. I couldn't even look at her properly. I knew that she's in love with Jungkook and yet, I just...

"Here for you," she handed me a cup of coffee, "and this is for you too, oppa," she handed a cup of coffee to Jungkook and he nervously accepted it, eyeing me.

We sat down at a round table in the canteen. Hyemin and Jungkook started bringing their books up on the table.

"Hyemin, I thought you had mastered Japanese already?" I asked her.

"Yes, I did but I forgot some words," she made a nervous laugh.

"Why are you practicing language studies? You're not going to practice the singing with Hongseok?" Jungkook questioned, looking at her and she blushed.

"A-Actually, Hongseok is busy today because of his debuting date and other things," she explained and we both nodded in understandment.

So, we started studying some words that were easy and important. I kept teaching them how to pronounce the words correctly and they followed after me.

Jungkook and Hyemin started writing words and translations down on their books and I looked at them until my eyes fell weak. I became extremely sleepy and I had only taught them for like twenty minutes.

I yawned many times and Jungkook seemed to notice it, "you can go and sleep, you know," he started and Hyemin looked at me.

"B-But," I stuttered, then I felt Jungkook's thumb caressing the back of my palm slowly, under the table. It soothed me, it soothed me so much to the point that I was going to fall asleep sitting.

"It's okay, Hyemin can teach me since she knows some of those words as well," he reassured me and smiled, intertwining our fingers together.

I was just glad that Hyemin couldn't see this since both of our hands were under the table.

"Okay then, I'm counting on you Hyemin," I slowly released Jungkook's hand from mine and then stood up.

Jungkook also stood up, "I'll bring you back to your room," he said.

"Aish, you don't have to do that. My room is close, I can walk by myself," I told him, signaling him to sit back down and he did.

I started walking outside the canteen to my bedroom. I just felt so sleepy and tired, and my eyes were so heavy that I couldn't even open them anymore.

As soon as I arrived my room, I plopped down on my bed quickly and sighed, remembering what happened between me and Jungkook.

My heart's beats echoed, my cheeks flushed and butterflies in my stomach started to dance crazily. I tried to stop thinking about it by slapping my face many times and drifted to sleep.

•••

"Haena? Haena-yah?" I felt a hand shaking my body lightly and I opened my eyes to see Insun sitting on my bed.

I woke up slowly, rubbing my eyes, "Unnie?" I mumbled.

"Come on, wake up. You need to do your job as a stylist today. Bangtan's going to have a photoshoot in the next thirty minutes," she nagged and my eyes widened.

"Oh my god, how could I forget!? I even put an alarm clock but why didn't I hear anything?!" I yelled, sprinting off my bed.

"Maybe you're too tired with the training," she responded and I just ran to the bathroom quickly, shaking my head.

I took a quick shower and got changed into a stylist's clothes then went outside the bathroom. Insun wasn't there so I figured she might be at the photoshoot room already.

As soon as I was done preparing myself, I ran outside the room to the photoshoot room. Many people had gathered and I kept scanning the room only to see Jungkook sitting on a chair playing Piano Tiles.

I panted, walking to his direction. He finally saw me and kept his phone on the table.

"Morning, babe," he said almost too loud.

"Shh!" I shushed him and he smiled, "you wanna die?" I hit his shoulder.

"It would be an honor for me if I were to get killed by my girlfriend," He joked and we laughed quietly.

"Your hair is done already, right?" I asked him, observing his hair.

"Yes! Insun noona did it for me," he replied childishly, waving his legs back and forth.

"Okay, stay still. I'm going to do your makeup now," I commanded and he nodded like a kid.

"Close your eyes," I told him and he did. I examined his face slowly, and wondered why he had to put on makeup when he's already perfect?

I started giving him some light makeup on his face and he just smiled the whole time, "stop smiling like an idiot already," I whispered to him and then took some lipgloss from a box, "you can open your eyes now."

He smiled again and his cheeks were bright red which caused my heart to beat wrongly, "how am I supposed to apply lipgloss for you when you're smiling like that?" I whined and he stopped smiling.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry," he said jokingly.

My heart skipped a beat when i looked at his lips. I started to apply the lipgloss slowly and shakily. God, why?

My hands were shaking so hard that the lipgloss went out from his lips, "oh my god, I'm sorry!" I apologized, using my thumb to wipe the lipgloss under his bottom lip.

I was still shaking and my heart was beating way too fast. I tried to wipe the lipgloss away when he suddenly bit my thumb.

What the fㅡ

"Jungkook!" I hissed, and he finally let go of my thumb, "it hurts!" I whined and he chuckled.

"Doing this will make you come back to your senses," he spoke and I almost hit him with the makeup box.

"There are other ways too, you know..." I intentionally made the smile on my face fade and he grabbed hold of my hand.

"Yah, the other's are going to sㅡ"

"They won't, they're quite busy today," he whispered, using his thumb to caress my thumb that got bitten comfortingly. He moved his chair and placed it beside me.

"You weren't with me for one night, and I already started to miss you to death," he whispered to my ear, intertwining our fingers together. There it goes, those butterflies in my stomach again.

"Jungkook, it's going to be pretty bad if the others see us..." I mumbled, attempting to stand up but he pulled my hand to sit back down.

"Shh, one more minute please," he begged and I just could never reject his request.

And I thought, how can this be possible? We can't even tell or show anyone that we love each other. Just how could we be together?