06

SIX

For a few seconds, a voice interrupted us and a hand removed my wrist from that girl's grip. "Let go of her wrist," He spoke firmly and I was afraid to even turn around to see who it was.

I recognized his voice instantly. Ugh, I'm in trouble.

"Ah, the idol," The girl spoke, walking toward Jungkook. She observed him from head to toes then finally asked,  "Your girlfriend?" I scoffed.

"Stop with the childish demeanour," Jungkook glared at them. "Come on,"
Jungkook came closer and grabbed my wrist. "What are you doing?" The girl spoke again as she tried to grasp hold of me. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows together.

"What are you doing?" Some teacher demanded and she let go of me. "Teacher," She lowered her voice down. The teacher scolded her and dragged her to detention room. Well, I kinda know the reasons why she got mad — it's because Jungkook is involved. Yoodi Sonsaeng really likes Jungkook, lmao. I heaved a freaking big sigh of relief.

I realized that Jungkook is still holding my wrist, leading me to somewhere I don't know. He finally stopped in front of an infirmary and led me inside. "Sit down," He commanded, and I sat down on the bed. He began searching for the first aid kit on the counter slowly.

When he found it, he walked to sit down on the bed beside me and opened the box. I didn't say anything, and neither did he. My first guess was he's furious on those girls but then why would he get angry over them cursing me? Did he overhear our conversation? Like, he felt guilty that I got into this mess because of him? I don't think so... No one was around at that time.

"Look at me," I snapped back to reality quickly and looked at him. He observed my face cautiously, "Okay, checked. No wound on your face." He said it like some undercover cop.

Then, he rolled my sleeve up to see blood flowing on my arm. Those were like claw marks, seriously. "It does not hurt," I lied and he looked at me mockingly. "You sure?" He questioned, pressing his fingers harder on those scratches. "Jung—!!" I almost screamed, but I tried to lower my voice as much as possible but because of this, my tears started to fall from my eyes slowly. If I could shout, my tears wouldn't fall, ugh.

He started to laugh a little and I looked at him in curiosity. "What's so funny!" I yelled and he tried to stop laughing. "You are such a tsundere," He spoke, cleaning the wounds on my arm.

Seriously, is she a wolf or something, her nails pierced through my skin just perfectly. Woah, am I turning into some kind of wolf? If so, I'll go and find my own Alpha pack and kill her 'ineffably gruesome degenerate and a miserable disease-ridden parasite' pack. Too much Teen Wolf, sorry not sorry.

Jungkook continued applying stuffs on my arm and I flinched because of the pain. My tears started to fall down even more. "You can shout you know," He stated and I sighed. "Oh yeah, I will shout just loud enough for those people to hear then they'll come and see us being together in an infirmary room then tomorrow, BAMM. On Dispatch's page."

"It won't be that serious," He furrowed his eyebrows together. "Oh yeah, it will. Trust me." I assured him and he remained quiet.

"By the way, what happened there?" He started the conversation once again and I gulped. "Nothing," I tried to make up a convincing lie as much as I could. "You sure?" He leaned closer, looking at me in the eyes. "Y-Yeah," I stammered and he smirked. He leaned in closer and closer, then whispered to my ears."It's not because of me?" We're so close that I could feel his soft lips on my ear just a little.

A little that could make me go crazy.

"Uh, no?" I leaned back quickly and looked away. He smiled weakly, "Hey, I'm sorry." He used his thumb to wipe my tears away. "For what?" I frowned, asking him as he looked down, playing with the bandages.

"You know, I do know that you are my personal stylist. Not only that, you're my classmate too. I feel like you're always there when I'm in trouble. Like when we were at airports, you were there to help me—" He tried to reason but I cut him off.

"It's what I enjoy doing too, Jungkook. I know it was tough at first, but as time passed, I've grown accustomed to it already. It's my job to protect you." I pointed my thumb to my chest, speaking like some kind of a hero.

"That's too serious," He laughed lightly and I did too. "And thank you for getting angry on my behalf." He added; I stopped laughing.

"I—no, I mean, I just— I didn't!" It's too sudden that I couldn't think of lies right away. I think my body is composed of lies 99% now.

"You think, I wouldn't know? I think I know them more clearly than you do, they always talk behind my back and I choose to ignore them all the time." He sighed deeply while finishing up with the wounds on my arm.

I remained silent, because he already knew I was lying. What's the point of making up any more lies? Especially, when I can't think of one.

He started to put things back into the box and closed it. "It's done," He walked to put them back in the counter.

He came back and sat down in front of
me. My heart leaped a little and instinctively, I stood up—well, more like trying to avoid awkward situation.
However, he held my wrist letting me sit back down. "What—"

He turned me to the left side a little so my back is facing him. "Don't move," He ordered, and I stiffened. A few seconds later, he took the rubber band out from my hair and started to tie my hair once again.

"What are you doing?" I asked, trying to turn my face to look at him. "Don't turn around, it's almost done," He said while tying my hair and I turned back to look at the front.

"T-Thank you," I expressed my gratitude shakily because I swear, this is the first time ever that a guy tied my hair for me. "A stylist should take a good care of her own hair too," He commented and I looked away in embarrassment.

"Alright alright, let's go." I tried to change the subject by telling him to go outside the infirmary but as I walked, my phone rang loudly that we both got startled. It was an unknown number and I eyed Jungkook with fear.

I accepted the call. "Hello?"

"Am I speaking to Kim Haena?" A guy's voice could be heard from the other line and my heart started to beat abnormally.

Who?