07

SEVEN

I accepted the call. "Hello?"

"Am I speaking to Kim Haena?" A guy's voice could be heard from the other line and my heart started to beat abnormally.

Who?

"Uhm, yes?" I replied shakily. "We are calling from the Hosang hospital. Your mother is being taken care—" I didn't even let the guy to finish his words properly. I ended the call instantly with trembling hands and teary eyes. I was about to run further when I felt Jungkook's hand grabbing my uninjured wrist so tight that it hurt.

"What's wrong?" He made me come back to my sense and I exhaled a long breath. I looked at him in his eyes to see his gaze all softened as he looked at me. "I have to go," I cleared my throat and replied him through my cracked voice. "What's going on?" He inquired, quiet and calm.

"She's been taken to the hospital," I managed to speak through my dried up throat and my messed up mind. "Who?" He asked, trying to calm me down by using his thumb to caress the back of my palm slowly. "Mom," I stuttered and sighed deeply. "I'm coming with you,"

Unable to scold him for trying to walk around the street carelessly, I nodded as a response.

"Come on," He said, grabbing my wrist and ran. He successfully let me sneak out without the security guards knowing and I just couldn't thank him more. He wore a black mask, and put on a black jacket then ran with me inside the bus.

Some of the girls started to look at us suspiciously and my hands started to shake. I'm done for if they find out. I'll get scolded by PD-nim for not taking care of Bangtan properly.

"Doesn't he look familiar?"

"Isn't that BTS's Jungkook?"

I averted my gaze that was looking down to look at them rushing to our direction.

"Excuse me? Are you perha—" They were about to ask me but I cut them off, "He indeed looks similar to Jungkook," I stated and they flashed me a question look. "But it's not him, he's my boyfriend," I stood in front of Jungkook, facing the two girls and they smiled awkwardly at me.

"Ah, we are sorry," They bowed many times and walked back to sit at their own seats. I didn't look at him or anyone and I just stared down blankly, almost shouted at my heart to stop beating fast.

The bus arrived and we both hopped down instantly, running to Hosang Hospital's direction. I realized that I ran out of breath, but I just continued to run to the counter, impatiently asking the nurse for my mom's room. I tried to remain calm but I somehow couldn't. "Which rooms does the patient Kim Haejung remain in?" I asked the nurse. "Room 971 on th—" I didn't even let her finish her sentence and I just rushed quickly to the room. "Thank you," I thanked her in distance.

As I opened the door, I saw her laying helplessly on the bed ㅡ her face became pale, there were dark circles around her eyes, and her lips were dried. I felt so broken and guilty for not being with her through her hard times. I felt as if my heart has completely torn apart into pieces, and I just couldn't utter a word anymore. My entire body started to shake rapidly as I walked to her direction.

"Mom," I finally let out a word, as I sat down beside her bed. I observed her fragile body once more, and my tears just couldn't stop falling. I held her hand, crying ㅡ it just felt so skinny, wrinkly, small and weak. "I'm sorry," I apologized, still crying my lungs out. I felt Jungkook's hand tapping my shoulders comfortingly, but I just cried even more.

She started to open her eyes slowly and I held her hand stronger. She managed a weak smile slowly at me. "Mom, are you okay?" I asked, wiping my tears away. "Ah, it's my Haena," She sounded so weak. "I am fine darling. Just a bit tired,"

"You should not overwork yourself. Just rest at home," I told her and she shook her head lightly. "I am going to take care of everything," I added. "I can't do that. You have school and work, how do you want to manage?" Tears started to fall from her eyes as she spoke and I gripped her hand tighter.

"I have to take responsibility, I'm so sorry." She insisted, smiling weakly at me. "No, it's fine. I promise to make more money and pay for the debts he left," I replied, wholeheartedly and determinedly. "We will go on long trips together and I'm going to give you everything you desire,"

"Are you stupid?" She scolded me quietly, laughing a little. I also heard Jungkook laugh. "You can't do that," She replied and I smiled. "I have become a trainee again, and I'm going to debut."

"Are you serious?" She woke up from the bed quickly but her back started to hurt. "Aigoo..." She whined and I put her back down on the bed. She sighed, "Again? Are you sure you're going to be alright?" Now, she is referring to the rough trainee days at YG.

"Yes, there's no doubt. I'm going to give you a comfortable and promising life." I reassured her and she managed a weak smile at me back. "Aish, this child." She mumbled, shaking her head lightly. "Okay okay, I trust you." She smiled and took my hand into hers.

"Thank you,"

•••

I walked out of the hospital with Jungkook and I was just glad that the fangirls didn't recognize him. Well, there were a few but I defended him.

After everyone in the dorm knew about this, the director told someone to bring us back to the dorm. So, Jungkook and I both went inside the black minivan quickly. I sat beside him and we didn't talk. I just sighed, thinking of the things I should do from now on. I'll have to work seriously hard, I can't be careless.

"Do you need help?" Jungkook asked and I was confused to what he might have meant. "With what?" I asked, puzzled. "Do you need a mentor?" He lowered his body down a little and turned to look at me. "Your schedule's packed," I stared the truth.

"Not for this week. Your boyfriend could teach you for a while." He smiled and I furrowed my eyebrows together. "What, what?" I exclaimed, hitting him on his arm.

Oh, the lies I used to defend him from fangirls.

"Nothing," He finally spoke after I knew the answer. "By the way, I'm serious. Let me teach you," He told me again and I avoided his gaze that could paralyze me and said, "Okay okay, I have no choice, do I?" I could see him smiling in the reflection from the car's window.

The minivan arrived the dorm and we both went inside, seeing trainees have gathered in front of the schedule board mumbling something we didn't know.

I questioned, walking to the board with Jungkook. "What's the fuss?" I continued walking to the board and started to read the information.

oh no. this can't be.