24

TWENTY FOUR

He finally broke the kiss, looking at me with the tip of his nose brushing against mine. "T-That's right... I'm sorry," He finally responded, using his thumbs to wipe my tears away.

That's right, we broke up.

"It's...okay, I understand, it's my fault and I'm sor—" I tried to speak but he shushed me by placing his thumb on my lips.

"Hey, it's not your fault," He said, caressing my lips with his thumb slowly while resting his forehead on mine.

He finally leaned backwards a little, observing my face. "You haven't been sleeping these past few days, have you?" He asked, worried.

I nodded slightly, looking away. "I couldn't sleep, I just couldn't bring myself to," I replied, fiddling with my fingers.

"Come here," He gestured a spot next to him, laying down on the couch.

I returned him a smile back, laying down next to him. He started hugging me and I hugged him back, resting my head on his chest.

"I'm not going anywhere until you fall asleep," He kissed my forehead then caressed my hair slowly.

"Sing me to sleep," I said, looking up at him and he nodded, smiling.

I looked back down then shut my eyes, feeling his hand still caressing my hair. It made me feel so much better.

"Lately I've been thinking," He started singing and I exhaled a deep breath.

Oh, god. His voice.

"Thinking about what we had, I know it was hard, it was all that we knew, yeah." He continued and I don't know why I feel the urge to cry again.

"Have you been drinking, to take all the pain away? I wish that I could give you what you deserve," His voice is so mesmerizing that I could fall asleep for real.

"Cause nothing can ever, ever replace you. Nothing can make me feel like you do, yeah. You know there's no one I can relate to. And know we won't find a love that's so true," His voice became something almost like whispers.

"There's noth...ing like us," His voice started cracking and I knew for sure that he's crying. "There's nothing like you and me, together through the storm."

Jungkook, don't cry.

My tears, again, started falling but I did not dare to open my eyes because seeing Jungkook cries will just make things worse.

"There's...nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me, together, oh," He stopped singing then he kissed my forehead.

Jungkook, you're right, there's nothing like us.

•••

My eyes fluttered open due to the brightness of the sun illuminating through my window. I jolted up quickly, realizing that I was sleeping on my own bed with a blanket covered on my body.

I remembered last night; the only night that I could spend with Jungkook one last time. He sang for me one last time, he kissed me for one last time and he could be with me for only one last time.