22

TWENTY TWO

This time, my face was seen very clearly. I looked up at PD-nim, unable to utter any more words.

This is the end of me.

•••

"It-I..It's.." I stuttered, trying to control my tears not to fall.

"What's gotten into you?" He asked and I lowered my head, looking away from him. "Why would you let something like this happened? I would have not expected that from you." He added, sighing in pain and exhaustion.

"I'm really sorry, PD-nim," I apologized, though my throat is all dried up. "I was also trying to think of a way to deal with this as well. At first, it wasn't that big. I j-just..."

He looked at me firmly and I felt just like he's putting another load of pressure on me. "The first photo was leaked when w-we were on t-the bus. I'm sure that it wasn't from Dispatch, but I have no idea why it was going around in my school."

"My f-face.. wasn't seen very clearly, however, I was thinking of possible methods to deal with all of this mess by creating other accounts on SNS in order to reply them that it was just an accident and stuffs..." I tried to explain him briefly as I could.

"I just don't know why they even got these photos that exposed my face this clearly. I sincerely apologize for all of this," I bowed 90 degrees. "I know that I'm wrong and I wasn't supposed to date with... Jungkook in the first place."

This phrase struck me hard like bullets.

"There is no possible way to word this lightly; however, I highly suggest that the both of you should part ways as soon as possible for the benefit of each party." He suggested, and I balled my both of my hands into fists, letting a few tears roll down on my cheeks.

"Knowing the climbing success of BTS, we would do anything in our power to maintain it that way whether or not there are obstacles on that path or some sacrifices that had to be made." He stated.

"Judging by your current position, I would have thought you would have understood and put professionalism as your first priority. So, some unclear dating scandal involving you would dent their continuing achievements in their tracks." He added, and I could feel all the tension coming from him.

"Yes, I understand," This is all I could say. "I know that doing this will affect the entire company, I'm so sorry." I wiped my tears away but they kept flowing nonstop.

"I'm not being harsh on you or anything but if you wish for Jungkook to have a bright future and what's best for his career in general, you would know what to do." He clarified firmly, looking at me putting more and more pressure on me.

I could only nod as a response.

"On that note, revolving around that rumor, we unfortunately cant allow you to debut even if you succeed in the next round because of the circumstances that there are already witnesses of your appearance which means that your debut wont be as successful as we all would have hoped and it would create more difficulties for you and the company as we are already on the rise." He threw another bomb on me and I just couldn't function well anymore.

Yeah, I'm alive, but barely breathing.

"So, that means I also can't debut?" I asked, crying even harder. He heaved a big sigh, feeling all hopeless just like I am.